Shoney's Natchez, MS

Hwy 61 26 Sergent Prentiss Dr 39120, Natchez, MS, USA

Shoney's Natchez, MS Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
Not bad... not spectacular... Apr 25, 2009
Well, I was on my way to New Orleans and it was past 1 so I was very hungry. I wanted to try some fish, but couldn't find any Captain D's around, so I saw this Shoney's and decided to stop. Shoney's is a chain restaurant that you can find only in the "Dixie", so if you're from up north or way west in the USA probably you haven't heard of it.

Well, it is basic, traditional american food, but at a lower price than say, an Applebee's.

One thing you have to know about Louisiana and Mississippi is that for some reason fish must be always fried. Sometimes you can't find choices of grilled or boiled fish. This restaurant had one so I wanted to give it a try. It was a "cajun-style" grilled catfish.

The salad buffet was gorgeous. In that moment I thought I would give the restaurant an A. But, the service time was very long (specially for a restaurant that is by the highway, where most customers would want to eat and leave), and also, I wasn't very satisfied with the dish. The waitress, very nice by the way, explained me that the fish was frozen and they took some time to defreeze it, that's why it took so long... but also, the consistency of the fish was softer than usual, it would crumble and almost turn into fish puree. I didn't like that. But the taste was not bad, specially because of all the creole spices. The sides were very good, never had hot cakes with my main meal. They were some small and salty hot cakes, though. Not your regular Ihop pancakes.

So overall, I would say this restaurant is not bad, but I would still choose Captain D's over this anytime.

Check Natchez Hotel Deals