Shoko Restaurant

932 25 92 00

Shoko Restaurant Barcelona Reviews

jdig0304 jdig0304
Chic Jun 04, 2011
Shoko is located right on the water front among a few other nightlife establishments. By day this is a trendy restaurant. By night it becomes one of the go to clubs in town. It can be somewhat difficult to find without using google but just ask the Indian guy selling cans of beer for a euro where it is and he'll tell you if you buy one ;) . The drinks are little on the excessive side so if you are one of the thrifty people that stay in hostels by necessity and not choice I wouldnt recommend it. One free drink is included in the cover charge however. The crowd is composed primarily of locals with a smattering of tourists who were lucky enough to find and then get into this place. Like any upscale club it helps to go with a female. Shouldnt be too hard, just strike up a conversation with some locals getting in and see if you can tag along.

Dress code is dress casual and definiately no tennis shoes in this place. Overall a great place to party until the sun comes up.
ssedha ssedha
Great club / bar, pretty much on the beach Mar 19, 2009
Visited Shoko when I was in Barcelona for spring break. I can tell you that this place was great. The drink prices were avg. but the atmosphere was quite nice. Music was great. and there were a lot of people. There is also an area where you could step out and practically be at the beach level. To my recollection, it's open till 2:30 am. I could be wrong. But overall a great place that also features a dance floor. So you could easily spend a lot of time there partying the night away :)
boxinbcn boxinbcn
Dec 16, 2007
Shôko is located on the beach right by the Arts Hotel, close to the Mapfre tower in Barcelona. The location, right on the sea with a nice terrace adds to its appeal as a pleasant place for something to eat. If you go there, try to sit outside. The inside is ok, but is enormous and kind of cold feeling.

We'd never been there, but decided to check it out because the places we really wanted to go to were already full and we didn't have a reservation. We had mixed feelings but were pleasantly surprised! The food is a mixture of Catalan with oriental touches and, at least in our case, everything was really good. It's a little pricey, but the service was really friendly.

At night this place becomes a club and I've heard good things about it from friends in Barcelona.
Nice terrace / lounge at Shôko, B…
boxinbcn says:
EricaD3708 That is terrible. I was there about 10 years ago and never returned. There is something in Spain called "libro de reclamaciones" available at all establishments where you can register official complaints. Again, Im sorry to hear about what happened to you and your party.
Posted on: Feb 27, 2017
EricaD3708 says:
I will share with all Facebook friends my review for this abominable club.

Usually my job is usually to moderate TripAdvisor reviews but today I will write my first one.

I am the owner of a 20 people company who were on a Team Building trip to celebrate our successful 2016 in Barcelona. We decided to have dinner at the Royale Tapas bar who offers to sell entrance tickets for Shoko, and even if we wanted to go to Opium (which would have been a better choice) we decided to purchase for a total amount of €300. We arrive at the club in a Hummer Limo as it is was part of the organized trip and we see ourselves refused to enter. We then ask them to call the Royale as we wanted to be reimbursed. The GM of my company who was really irritated returned to the tapas bar to get our money back. In the mean time I was begging (believe me I was begging) to let all my staff enter the club and I would settle anything they would have asked me to settle. After 15 minutes we manage to get in and I'm asked to pay 600€ for a table to which I agreed without any problems. As we enter the Shoko, we realized it was completely EMPTY!! Nevertheless, from that moment on, I have been continuously harrassed in a very rude way by the staff, except from one guy who was really nice and professional. The episodes who totally put me off have been: refusing to serve a glass of water; aggression for having thrown 2 ice cubes on the floor; continuous telling off to people wanting to dance on the 30 cm raised dancefloor and the last aggression has been calling me a "monkey" as the guy (who ever he was) exclaiming that we were not in the forest.

I have been traveling all over and been entering the best Clubs worldwide. THIS HAS BEEN THE WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE.

I CRIED MY EYES OUT UNTIL THE NEXT MORNING FOR HAVING BEEN CONTINUOUSLY HUMILIATED IN FRONT OF MY STAFF.

Posted on: Jan 19, 2017
boxinbcn says:
Same with me. I'd never eaten anything there, but live really close and had walked by many times. I guess it was summer of 2005 when I first saw it and was also impressed by the lounge design with beds...
Posted on: Jan 15, 2008