Shoko Restaurant

932 25 92 00

Shoko Restaurant Barcelona Reviews

jdig0304 jdig0304
Chic Jun 04, 2011
Shoko is located right on the water front among a few other nightlife establishments. By day this is a trendy restaurant. By night it becomes one of the go to clubs in town. It can be somewhat difficult to find without using google but just ask the Indian guy selling cans of beer for a euro where it is and he'll tell you if you buy one ;) . The drinks are little on the excessive side so if you are one of the thrifty people that stay in hostels by necessity and not choice I wouldnt recommend it. One free drink is included in the cover charge however. The crowd is composed primarily of locals with a smattering of tourists who were lucky enough to find and then get into this place. Like any upscale club it helps to go with a female. Shouldnt be too hard, just strike up a conversation with some locals getting in and see if you can tag along.

Dress code is dress casual and definiately no tennis shoes in this place. Overall a great place to party until the sun comes up.
ssedha ssedha
Great club / bar, pretty much on the beach Mar 19, 2009
Visited Shoko when I was in Barcelona for spring break. I can tell you that this place was great. The drink prices were avg. but the atmosphere was quite nice. Music was great. and there were a lot of people. There is also an area where you could step out and practically be at the beach level. To my recollection, it's open till 2:30 am. I could be wrong. But overall a great place that also features a dance floor. So you could easily spend a lot of time there partying the night away :)
boxinbcn boxinbcn
Dec 16, 2007
Shôko is located on the beach right by the Arts Hotel, close to the Mapfre tower in Barcelona. The location, right on the sea with a nice terrace adds to its appeal as a pleasant place for something to eat. If you go there, try to sit outside. The inside is ok, but is enormous and kind of cold feeling.

We'd never been there, but decided to check it out because the places we really wanted to go to were already full and we didn't have a reservation. We had mixed feelings but were pleasantly surprised! The food is a mixture of Catalan with oriental touches and, at least in our case, everything was really good. It's a little pricey, but the service was really friendly.

At night this place becomes a club and I've heard good things about it from friends in Barcelona.
Nice terrace / lounge at Shôko, B…
boxinbcn says:
Same with me. I'd never eaten anything there, but live really close and had walked by many times. I guess it was summer of 2005 when I first saw it and was also impressed by the lounge design with beds...
Posted on: Jan 15, 2008
jteddyb says:
Last I heard, Shoko's club nights were in limbo because it didn't have a proper license to play music that late. This was a few months ago, though, so the sessions may be back running by now. I went a couple times before the license brouhaha started, and had some good times there. The first time I went (2004), I was impressed by the fact that it had beds in it. It was the first time I saw a bar designed that way, and it seemed to catch on in the States a little later.
Posted on: Jan 14, 2008