Shivas Beach Resort and Restaurant

No 178/32 Nilaveli Road, Uppuveli, Sri Lanka - 026 3204882/ 077 8661249

Compare Trincomalee Hotel Rates (5.9km away)

Shivas Beach Resort and Restaurant Uppuveli Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Shivas Beach Resort and Restaurant Jun 04, 2013
Originally I planned to stay at Coconut beach Hotel in Uppuveli. Unfortunately when I arrived there without reservation, no room available and then the owner recommend this place which located just opposite Coconut beach Hotel.

The tuk tuk driver drives me across to the hotel to check if there is any room available. The manager is very friendly and he showed me a couple of rooms, one downstairs and the other one upstairs. It seems the rooms upstairs is cheaper than the one downstairs and it seems everything is similar, the size of the room and the facilities. Probably the room downstairs has a double or queen bed, whereas upstairs room has twin bed only.

Since the price significance different and he offered the room upstairs for Rs4,000 per night with air condition and without breakfast, I tried my luck to bargain to Rs2,000 since I will be staying here for awhile. Finally I get the room for Rs. 2,500 per night without breakfast and no air condition, fan only.

The room itself is quite spacious with twin bed, a plastic chair next to the bed, a dresser, and very clean bathroom with hot shower. Towel and soap provided but not shampoo. In addition to this, I have window facing the ocean view and it is beautiful view from upstairs toward the garden and the ocean.

I have my meals at the hotel restaurant everyday and it is quite expensive compare with other places, as I have to pay additional 10 percent services charged on top of the meal price, but the food is good and delicious. The next door hostel has a restaurant as well and the meals were cheaper but the place is a bit run down and dirty and I do not try the food there.

Outside the restaurant there is a shop which offered diving and snorkeling. The guy out there, quite persistent and keeps coming approach me and wants to talk. In addition to this, several local males guest in the hotel tried their luck to get to know me when I was at the beach hut waiting for my food and I just ignore them and one time I actually report them to the hotel staff and then I feel much more secure and quite after that.

I like the view from this hotel and the beach is beautiful but the attention from the local males is too much so it is not a good idea to travel alone in this part of the country. However the manager and other staff are very friendly and helpful. The internet is not free, have to pay using the card and the card can be purchased at the hotel. Luckily I can get internet access from my room.

The location of the hotel is 6 km from Trincomalee city and the road is goes inside the alley way around 50 m toward the beach and there are several hotel and guesthouse next to each other. At the main road, plenty of tuk tuk waiting to take passenger to the Trincomalee city or other city nearby and also there is public bus stop nearby but I did not try the bus here. I take tuk tuk to explore the city and it is very cheap.
the hotel building
the hotel sign
the reception downstair
garden view and restaurant from th…
gingerbatik says:
probably it is uncommon for single female travel alone without company in this country and the man just want to attract attention, come and talk and if can probably date.
Posted on: Sep 07, 2013
spocklogic says:
Sounds like you had some unwanted attention here. Sounds like maybe the males are too pushy and invading your space.
Posted on: Sep 07, 2013

Compare Trincomalee Hotel Rates (5.9km away)

Shivas Beach Resort and Restaurant Map