Shin Yeh

34δΉ‹1θ™Ÿ Shuangcheng Street, Taipei, Taiwan

Shin Yeh Taipei Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Traditional Taiwanese Food Feb 07, 2015
This restaurant was recommended by Kang (Taipei tb) as this restaurant is famous in Taipei for it is traditional Taiwanese Cuisine.

The restaurant itself look nice from outside and inside, with plenty of table and privacy to speak with each other. The staff is friendly and welcoming. We come here without any reservation and it was easy to find a table for lunch.

Kang recommended special Taiwanese dishes for our lunch. The food arrive quickly and looks good.

Unfortunately I found the food taste is not there. Most of the food does not taste much – not enough salt for me personally and just did not taste right especially the Steamed Fresh Crab Roe on Glutinous Rice. I could not justify why this food so special since it did not taste much and difficult to eat the crab without crab opener.

The deep fried prawn with mayonnaise was nice and different.

The steam chicken with soy sauce does not have much taste either and it was cold and not hot dish.

The same thing apply for the dessert. It was not the best dessert I ever have but it edible.

Overall, it was okay but for this kind of food, I probably would not go back here.
steam or boil chicken - it was col…
soy sauce for chicken