Shibah Moroccan Kozina

Shibah Moroccan Kozina - name

Shibah Moroccan Kozina Melbourne Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Tasty Moroccan food and charming atmosphere @ Shibah Oct 16, 2010
I found this place just by chance and I'm so happy I did it. This was my 1st time trying Moroccan food and was very excited about it.

This small and charming restaurant is located in vibrant St. Kilda, but not in a main street, so it's peaceful and quiet in here. The dining area is decorated in Moroccan style with lovely furniture and accessories. They also have a couple of tables outdoors, at the backyard. I imagine that would be lovely during sunny days.

Now, let's talk about the food. It was my 1st time trying Moroccan food and it's actually similar to Middle Eastern, so the names weren't too uncommon for me. This is what we ordered:

Appetizer: Falafel, it came with tahine & fresh garden salad. It was very tasty.

Main dishes:

Travis: Sefi Chicken Tajine (slow cooked with chick peas, turmeric & herbed cous cous). It was very good too.

Yadi: Royale Cous Cous Tajine (slow cooked vegetables served with herbed cous cous). I was in my vegetarian mood and this dish suited me perfect. I love the cous cous and was perfectly done, just missing a bit of seasoning on the veggies, but it's better less so you can add as much as you want.

To drink we had some wine. It was a special occasion!

We didn't need to order any dessert, since they gave us complimentary small baklavas and delicious mint tea.

Other thing I really liked in here was the super friendly staff. Although it was time to close, they kept us open just because of this Peruvian girl. They were ready to help us with questions about the food. The owner is a sweet lady very fun to talk too.

There are plenty of restaurants in Melbourne, but you are looking for a cozy and quiet place in busy St. Kilda, this place is for you. Be adventurous and try some delicious Moroccan food, no regrets!
inside