Sherwood Point Light House

  based on 1 review   write a review

Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin

Sherwood Point Light House Sturgeon Bay Reviews

sweetsummerdaiz sweetsum…
154 reviews
Sherwood Point Light House Aug 03, 2009
Sitting high on the bluff where Green Bay and Sturgeon Bay become one, this lighthouse, built in 1883, it was the last manned lighthouse on the Great Lakes. It changed to automatic in 1983, 100 years after it opened.

The lighthouse and grounds are still maintained by the Coast Guard and property of the military. It opens for tours once a year. The rest of the year, even today, this lighthouse serves military personnel as a place of respite and relaxation on off duty days.
Sherwood Point Light House
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!

Check Sturgeon Bay Hotel Deals

Sturgeon Bay
photo by: ela82