Sherry's on Grand

www.sherrysongrand.ca - (306) 695 2430

Sherry's on Grand Indian Head Reviews

haidgirl haidgirl
delicious bang for your buck Sep 03, 2015
Sherry's on Grand is a small bistro-type restaurant within a clothing, goods and flower shop, nestled right in the heart of downtown Indian Head.

You order off their lunch menu board and pay, before you sit down...which sent me into a bit of a panic because I always take ages trying to decide what I want. I let everyone chose before I finally settled on the cranberry, mango, lobster salad.

There is seating inside and out. Although it was a warm, sunny day, the wasps were making a nuisance of themselves outside, so we decided to sit inside.

Now, their menu may be small but they sure don't skimp on the food! Each dish comes with a bowl of homemade soup and homemade roll before you get your main dish. Then, after your rather large main, you are presented with a little treat for dessert. The day I was there, the soup was listed as Italian vegetable noodle. When it came, I realised there were little meatballs in it. I'm vegetarian (pescatarian), so it would have been nice to know there was meat in it. Oh well, the rest of my family got to enjoy a little extra soup. The roll that came with the soup sure was good though: homemade, soft, white bun with butter! Then came the main dishes. I was flabbergasted at how large the portion sizes were! There was no way I would have been able to eat all of my salad if I had the bowl of soup before! I struggled to eat all of my salad as it was; but it was just so good, I kept picking away until it was all gone. Then a small, blackberry cheesecake square to round off the meal. Well, there's always room for a bit of dessert, isn't there?

After we finished up our lunch, we had a look around the rest of the store. There is a small section for ladies clothing/accessories, and a sizable area displaying different food stuffs, dishes and kitchen gadgets. They also have the locals' artwork featured around the store for sale. There were some lovely paintings of the prairies!

Something to be aware of: if you want to go to Sherry's for lunch, they have different operating hours than the rest of the store. The actual lunch menu hours are 11am to 1pm, the rest of the store is 10am to 5pm Tuesday to Saturday.
Sherry's On Grand
small but mighty menu
Clockwise from the bottome: roast …
inside seating