Sheraton Skyline Hotel London

Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Rates and Deals

Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Reviews

rcthomas rcthomas
Nicer Sheraton near the aiport May 22, 2011
This is the nicer of the Sheraton Hotels in the area. The rooms and the common areas were noticeably nicer than the other Sheraton down the street.

The food was average and the service in the restaurant and pub was good. Nothing stood out as good or bad in either.

The location is very near the airport and close enough to take a taxi to the train station for transport to the center of London. It is also close enough to travel to Windsor by taxi in about 20 minutes.

Parking is sparse, but that is all of the UK. Rent a small car.

There a few options for food in the neighboring area, if you want to get away from the hotel on occasion.

The gym is not nearly as nice as the other Sheraton, but a welcome trade for the overall better condition of the hotel if you have meetings or visitors coming.
gardkarlsen gardkarl…
A great option if you are looking for an airport hotel Apr 06, 2009
I stayed at Sheraton Skyline hotel at Heathrow in London in the end of March 2009. It is actually not the first time I stay here…I stayed here for one night in 2005 when I was in transit on my way to Rome in Italy.

The Hoppa bus service brings you to the hotel from Heathrow within 5 to 10 minutes and cost £4 per person. The check in was fast and I got room 3035 which was a club level room – the rate was about £105 including breakfast.

The room itself was quite nice when entering. The walls in light wall paper, the floor in a light brownish, striped carpet, furniture in dark wood etc. The first thing that I noticed the last time I was here was the bed…which we found fantastic at the time. Sheraton brags about their Super Sleeper bed and even has a trademark on it. And I enjoyed the bed this time around as well – it really is a comfortable bed in my opinion.

Apart from that there was a work desk with a plug adapter that could handle most plugs (but internet still at a charge), a sofa and table, a nice flat screen TV on top of a dark wooden furniture that included at mini safe…the TV can also be used to get online on the internet at a cost by the way. There was also a mini bar with a selection of drinks (Coke was £3 and beer £4) and a wardrobe with hangers, an iron and ironing board.

The bathroom is pretty nice with a bathtub with shower curtain to allow showering. I don’t really like the shower curtain option and even if it was a two layer deal it can still lead to a lot of spilling of water on the floor. But apart from that it looked nice with dark tiled floor, light tiles on the walls and a black granite top for the sink area. There were also lots of amenities including the usual shampoo, conditioner etc…but also a scrub, shower cap, sewing kit etc.

We had dinner at the Al Dente Italian restaurant and the buffet was £22 per person. The Milanese risotto had the right taste of saffron taste but lacked the taste of good stock in my opinion. They also had a nice selection of red wine by the glass and a glass of rosso del Montalcino was £11.

The lounge for those located on club level is located in “room” 3017. The lounge was small but cosy and the girl that was working there was just fantastic…full of energy and smiles. It can boast free drinks (wine and soft drinks), snacks and free internet. The breakfast was also served there for the club level guests. Even if the lounge was quite small they managed to whip up a breakfast that should be sufficient for most people. I just ate my regular stuff…muesli with fruits and berries.

If you are looking for a nice airport hotel and want to stick to the Starwood program than I think Sheraton Skyline is a good choice. But as it is located at the airport it will really never be anything else than “another airport hotel”. But the bed were great, the lounge staff was nice and you get a great view of the runway if you are into plane spotting.
The bed
Amenities basket
michaelcoates michaelc…
Nice hotel close to heathrow Mar 20, 2007
The Sheraton Skyline was a great hotel for the price and location. Although I wouldn't really classify it as a four star hotel, it was close. The hotel is extremely close to Heathrow, not close enough to walk but a quick 3-5 minute bus ride. The hotel was clean spacious and the best part was a huge pool and bar area. The beds were very comfrotable and actually quite big. Although the hotel doesn't have a close underground stop, there is a bus stop right outside that will bring you too an underground location.
sdbleve sdbleve
Apr 01, 2006
On our first leg of our grand tour my son's and I stayed at the Sherton Skyline Hotel near Heathrow Airport. The reason I picked this hotel was it was close to the airport. We were arriving into London in the evening after a 24+ hour travel leg. I knew the boys and I would be tired and I did not want to use the Tube to drag them into London proper. Also this was one of the few reasonably priced hotels that had a swimming pool. If you have kids you know how important a swimming pool can be. It gives the little monsters a place to relax and unwind and to socialize with others their own age (if there are other kids staying at the hotel, they all end up at the pool).

The hotel was nice. Had a little scare upon checking in. My last name is an uncommon spelling. Even when I tell people how to spell it they don't do it right. The front desk could not find my reservation at first...but it was all good, and we were soon in our room. I had my first pleasent surprise of the trip. The room was well layed out and had 2 queen size beds. The bathroom was a good size, and the shower had excellent water pressure.

There is a McDonalds with in walking distance. We ate there a few times while staying here. Ordering was fun. This was the boys first experience with talking to the locals. The staff at the McDonalds was great. They made sure to take the time to make sure the boys understood whatthey were saying :)

Back to the hotel swimming pool. The pool area is awesome!!! It is an indoor pool (as it would have to be, considering the weather in the UK) in a tropical setting. The pool even wraps around a bar for those that are so inclined. There is wireless internet access while you are in the pool area, but it is not free. It seemed a bit pricey at the time (I dont remember the fee as I am typing this), so I just paid a pound or two and used a computer set up nearby for an hour or so to check my email.

The nearest tube station "is not" with in walking distance, but there is a bus stop in front of the hotel for both getting to and coming from the nearst tube station. The bus ride was free to get to the tube station (we had 3 day transportation passes, but were never asked to see them). The tube ride into town was about 40 minutes (unless there was trouble on the tracks) it gave the boys a quick nap on the way back to the hotel after a day of walking.

All in all, I would deff stay here again if my plan was to just pass thru on my way to another European city. If I was planning an extended stay in London I would want to stay closer in to the excitement.
Pool area at the Sheraton Skyline.…
Eric says:
Great review! Tons of useful information. Thanks!
Posted on: Nov 20, 2006

• Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Disabled Parking
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes