Sheraton Princess Kaiulani

Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Rates and Deals

Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Honolulu Reviews

suvanimokhtar suvanimo…
Best choice made for a great Waikiki holiday Dec 16, 2011
I am writing this review to validate the previous positive reviews on the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani (SPK). This hotel was indeed very welcoming, the staff upon check-in were also helpful and friendly.

To begin with, I arrived the lobby about noon which is a few hours earlier than check-in time, the receptionist did not hesitate to give me my room. The room that I got was the Oceanview King Size room and the price was affordable (pre-booked using Starwood Preferred Guest spg.com). As I got to my room, I had a huge smile on my face. The view was stunning, although I musn't lie that the view of the ocean consisted only of 20% of the entire view. Nonetheless, everyhting else this hotel could offer compensate the lack of ocean view.

The view from my balcony wasn't just the Waikiki beach. It was also the view of the pool and the stage where live music can be heard every night! All I needed to do was to open my sliding door to the balcony, and I can enjoy the beautiful Hawaiian music from the convinience of my room! The only setback is that it is an old hotel. Thus the pool looks like its a 1970s pool. I have accepted this fact and who would want to spend time in the old pool when the beach is a few steps away!!Do check-out the hotel schedule as they have different activities everyday. This includes lei-making session and learn to hula dance sessions.A complimentary access of WIFI was also given for the whole duration of my stay.

SPK is situated right next to the International Market where you can find various things from clothes to accessories to bikinis, etc. There is also a food court where you may find international food. Across from SPK is the luxurious Moana Surfrider hotel. The best thing about Waikiki is that anyone can go in and out of any hotels no matter how expensive or cheap they are. It seems like they are connected to each other. As a guest at SPK, we are entitled to a 20% discount on food/beverage at the Starwood hotels on Waikiki!This will all be presented to you on a piece of paper upon check-in. On top of that, staying at SPK allows you to use the telephone up to 60mins to anywhere in the world!What an amazing hotel!:) Once you step out of the front door that gives you direct access to the Waikiki street, there is a brilliant coffee shop on the left and the hop-on hop-off counter on the right.There are plenty of shops just a few steps out the door. There is NOTHING you can't find near SPK.

Since I was entitled for the 20% discount, I walked over to Sheraton Waikiki to have a drink, and a dip in the sea. To my surprise, the beach there was short and filled with people. SPK is situated at a perfect location where you just have to cross the street and voila, you reach the beach! A spacious stretch of beach with many umbrellas for rental and that was also where I took my surfing lesson! How convinient can this hotel be?!

This has been an amazing trip for me. My first ever trip to Hawai'i at the best hotel in oahu in terms of location, basic amenities and price.
View from my room
At the hotel lobby/pool area
Sunflower300 Sunflowe…
Sheraton Princess Kaiulani May 26, 2008
Walking into the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani in Waikiki is like walking into the embracing arms of an old friend. I always feel instantly at home and comfortable when I come here. Mel experienced the same feeling, even though she had never been here before. This was my third stay at the Kaiulani, and even though this hotel is not as ritzy as the other Sheratons in Waikiki, it’s the atmosphere that keeps me coming back time and again.

The Kaiulani has all the best features of Hawaii that I love. It’s welcoming, open, friendly, relaxed and generous. The foyer is large and open air and gives easy access to everything in the hotel. The only thing you will have to go for a hike to find is the car park, but there is a car park and guests may park their cars for USD20 a day. The hotel itself gives easy access to everything you will need in Waikiki. It is next to the international marketplace and just across the road then through the Moana Surfrider to the beach. This time there was an ABC store (All Blocks Covered, or Aloha Brings Cash) right on the corner by the hotel, giving easy and all hours access to anything you might need in regards to food, drinks (including alcoholic), toiletries, film, phone cards, jewellery, souvenirs and the must have Hawaiian apparel the Hawaiian shirt. However, this is a review for the Princess Kaiulani not the ABC stores; suffice to say anything your heart desires is mere metres from your door.

At the Kaiulani, we were not greeted with a flower lei as we were at the Sheraton Waikiki but there is a basket on the reception desk of Plumiera (Frangipani) flowers on picks to place behind your ear each day; right ear if you are single and left if unavailable. However, what did greet us was warm and friendly staff. We had booked a Deluxe Ocean View room; on previous occasions as a Sheraton Club member (now the SPG - Starwood Preferred Guest programme) I had been upgraded to the Deluxe Ocean View and didn’t want to run the risk of not getting it this time so booked one upfront. There are higher rooms in the hotel but I like the deluxe because they look straight out across the pool and the Moana Surfrider to the sparkling Pacific Ocean, and that’s a view that just can’t be beat.

The rooms are very spacious, clean and comfortable if a little dated. We had a room with two double beds and a little fold out couch. On the lanai (balcony), there are two chairs and a low table to sit at while enjoying a delicious Hawaiian cocktail in the evening whilst enjoying hula dancers and Hawaiian music performed nightly by the pool from 6:15pm to 9:30pm. Other facilities in the room are basic but adequate, TV, desk, large safe in the wardrobe, bathroom with complimentary shampoo and lotions, mini fridge and complimentary tea and Kona coffee. The one thing that did disappoint me this time was the paper cups for coffee, although I did come up with a solution for that. Whenever you buy anything from an ABC store and you keep your dockets and spend over a certain amount, you can receive free ‘gifts’, so I thought we could get a coffee cup each. However I didn’t come up with idea until the day before we were due to leave and didn’t think it was worth it, but next time...

There are a couple of places to eat in the hotel, the main restaurant Pitake serves Breakfast, lunch and dinner, I found the food delicious but quite pricey and only ate in the hotel once. You can also enjoy the Sheraton’s own Polynesian dinner and cocktail show, Creations. I had seen this show in 1999 when I was here and enjoyed it very much. Room service is available for breakfast between 6:00am and 11:00am and for dinner between 5:00pm and 9:00pm and again is pricey. During our stay, the hotel sent up a complimentary fruit basket and on another day a bottle of Champaign, I have always received something complimentary from this hotel, I think it’s because I am a member of SPG. I recommend joining before your stay at any of the Sheratons in Waikiki.

The great thing about staying at one of the Sheratons in Waikiki is you can dine at any of the other Starwood hotels and charge your meals (and cocktails) back to your room. As a guest, you have access to all facilities of the other Starwood hotels as well, including the Moana Surfrider, Sheraton Waikiki and Royal Hawaiian; they are all within easy walking distance from the Kaiulani.

Near the reception there is a tour desk and concierge to help with booking tours, shuttle busses and hire cars; we found the staff very helpful and knowledgeable.

If you take your own computer, you can obtain internet access in your room, otherwise there are about four computers in the lobby with free internet access, you may have to line up to use one of the computers but because of the 15 minute time limit, you won’t have to wait very long unless there is a queue. After your 15 minutes is up, even if there is nobody else waiting, the computer shuts down wiping everything you had been working on, so be wary of that.

Each day in or near the foyer, there are many different activities and events for quests to enjoy. During my stay I watched a master wood carver at work, Pineapple Carving and tasting with one of the hotel chefs, shopped at a little market selling only locally made goods and had the opportunity to participate in Hula lessons, Hawaiian quilting and flower lei making. Other facilities the hotel has to offer are a games room for the kids (or young at heart) a fitness room with decent equipment, a laundry room and a deep swimming pool, so watch the kiddies - unless you are sick of them.

The Kaiulani is in an excellent position in Waikiki, almost everything you could want is within walking distance, if it isn’t, then there are a myriad of busses, taxis and shuttle busses to take you where ever you would like to go. So, if you would like to go and stay with an old friend who will welcome you with wide-open arms and some aloha spirit, then the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani is the place for you.
Enjoying our only meal at the hote…
The Foyer
One of the staff members playing i…
Standing at the pool looking up
Sweetski says:
Sorry to say that picture is wrong. Instead you'll find me with a taunted look, raised right eyebrow, smirking at you while trying to restrain from bursting into loud, uncontrollable, yet supportive laughter :D
Posted on: Feb 03, 2009
Sunflower300 says:
Thanks Rudolph.

I'm hearing "Ner ner na ner ner" in my head, and picturing you poking your tongue out with your thumb on your nose wiggling your fingers. :D
Posted on: Feb 03, 2009
Sweetski says:
OK, I'm not a person who says 'told you so' often but in this case I'll make an exception :D

Many belated congrats on your, in my strong opinion ineluctable, feature of this great review!
Posted on: Feb 02, 2009

Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Overview

Steps from Waikiki Beach, the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani offers a central and convenient accommodation to business and leisure travelers alike. Guests are close to the International Marketplace, the Honolulu Stadium, Kapiolani Park, and the world-class shopping that fills the Waikiki Shopping Plaza. The Hotel Princess Kaiulani is located at 120 Kaiulani Ave., and is 6.4 miles from the Honolulu International Airport.

Each guestroom in the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel is equipped with a full-sized bathroom with tub, a beverage station, a hair dryer, direct dial phone service, a mini-fridge and microwave, a personal safe, climate controls, high-speed Internet access, satellite TV, and a minibar.

Those staying at the hotel will greatly appreciate the fine facilities and services, including airport shuttles, a lounge with bar service, meeting and conference rooms, a modern fitness room, free parking on the premises, a tour desk, banqueting facilities, a business service center, a concierge desk, golf course access, an in-house restaurant, a swimming pool, 24-hour front desk service, child care, a currency exchange, laundry and dry cleaning services, and room service.

Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Amenities

• Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Salon
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower