Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers

Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers Rates and Deals

Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers Reviews

sp19 sp19
Paying for the location and not much more. Jul 18, 2011
Stayed here 3 nights at about $190.00 US per night on price-line..... The lobby is nice, staff was very helpful and its in a good location. Its about 7 blocks south of Central Park, close to Rockefeller Center and Radio City Music Hall, 5th Ave, Madison Ave and about 10 blocks north of time square. So much to do within walking distance. The room itself was very clean but very basic and the bathroom was certainly nothing special. It didn't really bother me because i didn't spend much time there other than to sleep but you're definitely paying for the location and that's about it. I didn't use any amenities or the restaurant in the hotel either so i can't really comment on that stuff.
janiexscott janiexsc…
Great Location Jul 23, 2010
This hotel was in a great location and within walking distance of Times Square, Rockfellar Center, Lion King, Wicked, 5th Ave Shopping and many resturants. The room was small for a family of four but we managed. I was dissapointed that there was not a small refrigerator and microwave. This would have been nice for some of our leftovers and for drinks. But it was an extremely convenient location! Wish there had been queen beds instead of double. Was nice to have Starbucks in lobby and computer access too. We did bring a small fan for the room which came in real nice too. It wasnt hot but not certainly not overly cold like most hotel rooms.
thenewyorktraveler thenewyo…
Sheraton New York Hotel And Towers Review Jun 08, 2009
Even though I am local, ocassionally I do book a hotel within the city. This review is about the Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers located at 811 7th Avenue 53rd Street.

* Subway located right next to the hotel on 7th and 53th offering access to the B, D and E trains

* Good mid-town West location without being in Times Square

* Luggage storage for just $3 per bag (if you need your bags held because you’re early or not ready to leave yet but still need to check out of the room)

* Comfortable bed

* Standard room and bathrooms are both on the small side

* Housekeeping came in without knocking

* A “banging” on the pipes or something in the room made it hard to sleep, however, I cannot say if it was limited to this one room or if it something that occurs in every room within the hotel

* Noisy guests

Overall Rating: 6.5

rating scale 1 = poor, avoid at all costs 10=excellent, one of the best

The Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers was booked as the result of a winning bid on Overall, the hotel served it’s purpose for the one night that I needed it, however, I cannot rave this was a excellent hotel. I can tell you the location is great, giving easy access to the B, D and E trains which can connect you with other subway lines via the 42nd street station. It served the purpose of me being on the West side for the evening to see an 8pm performance of Exit the King (a limited run show on Broadway.)

The line for check in was long and for some reason, every single person ahead of me had an issue. I might add this is an extremely touristy hotel, and, I strongly discourage anyone coming in for business and needs to stay on the West side from selecting this hotel. The person at the front desk who checked me in was efficient and courteous.

After the 20 minute wait to check-in I proceeded to my room. The room was a good size by NYC standards and was clean. I was very surprised when someone from housekeeping walked into my room without so much as knocking. Not long afterwards, I noticed a banging noise every few moments. It sounded like it was in the pipes. I don’t know if this a problem throughout the hotel or just the particular room I was assigned.

Since I am not the complaining type and it was for only one night, I didn’t ask to have my room changed. However, if you are met with this same fate in this hotel and are staying for more than one night, then I highly recommend asking the front desk to change your room.

Upon returning from dinner and show, I entered my room to find the bed had not be turned down. This isn’t a major issue but, given the fact rates this as a four-star hotel, I was expect it. Again, I’m not sure if was just my room or if it is hotel policy not offer turndown service unless requested. To top it off, between the rude clients who allowed there doors to slam and were very loud and the banging on the pipe, it made for a difficult night’s sleep.

In the morning, I did not find a receipt – something promised for a speedy check out. I called the front desk who apologized for the oversight. Since I had to stay a bit longer on the West side, and, certainly didn’t want to be dragging a suitcase around with me, I found out that the hotel offers luggage storage for $3 per bag. I gladly took advantage of it.

This wasn’t the best hotel and it wasn’t the worst hotel. The main disappointment lies with touting the Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers as a four-star establishment. It is not – at best it is a three star hotel. Had I known this prior to my arrival, my mind-set would have been different and, I wouldn’t have been so let down by this hotel. It served it’s purpose for one evening, but, I am extremely doubtful I’d ever book it again.

Final rating: 6.5 out of a scale of 1 to 10. 1=poor and 10=excellent

See our other reviews at:
janiexscott says:
I agree, certainly NOT a four star hotel.
Posted on: Jul 23, 2010
jenn79 jenn79
I'd rather chew my arm off than stay here again. Apr 01, 2008
I hate this hotel beyond words. I went here during a huge conference where we took up 1/3 of the hotel. The hotel seems to have a capacity of 6,000. It seems they decided to increase their profit margins by employing the same amount of people although the capacity was 3 to 10 times normal. Staff looked so tired, frustrated and overworked. Beds ranged from decent shape to practically broken. One would sit on a corner and sink all the way down to the floor. The internet wasn't working, there is no microwave available in the whole hotel.

The worst part is that I left my bookbag in my room and took off to the airport. When I called (and trust me I called every few hours for the next 5 days) not only were they unable to put the inquiry into their system, but I had to speak to a range of ignorant and sometimes rude security staff. One of them dared to ask me "Well why did you leave your bag in the hotel?!" Wow... Long story short, they were never able to find it. Goodbye newly purchased vintage Jansport, library book, planner, ipod, financial calculator and all sorts of odds and ends I can't even recall..
Outside during press event of the …
alitoronto says:
Wow Jenn! Really frustrating...:(
Posted on: Apr 02, 2008
vulindlela says:
Wow, that blows!
Posted on: Apr 01, 2008
joely28 joely28
Jul 18, 2007
This hotel is in desperate need of some updating. I recently stayed at this hotel for business reasons and was thoroughly disappointed.

The rooms are extremely small, the housekeeping is awful. I never felt like my room was clean.

The hotel is EXTREMELY busy and you can easily wait for an elevator for 10 minutes, especially if you are on an upper floor.

The staff is extremely rude and disrespectful.

About the only redeeming quality to the hotel is the location. If you are traveling to NYC for pleasure, it is in the heart of everything. Blocks (walking distance) from Times Square, Central Park, Rockefeller Center and the Theater District.

Not the best place in the city!!!
Amanda Amanda
Dec 16, 2005
The Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers was our little piece of heaven in New York for 3 luxurious nights the week before Christmas last year.

This hotel is in the perfect part of town, on the edge of Times Square, but removed enough not to be in the craziness of it. Walking distance to Central Park, Hells Kitchen, Rockefeller Center, Grand Central Station, etc.

The rooms were lovely. The beds were plush and comfortable, the rooms, while not huge, were of an expectable size, the bathrooms were fine.

Everyone that worked at the hotel that I worked with was wonderful, helpful, and a joy.

We had executive club floor rooms, (3 of them), and these came with access of the club lounge, which was beautiful, and free breakfast and happy hour snacks. It was all quite good and did add to the value.

Now for the scary part - the price of hotels in New York. It's super expensive, no matter what you do; not just for this hotel, but for any hotel. These rooms run from $450 to $550 a night, unless you can find a deal. Look on the internet and see what you can find. If you can get a deal, that would help...

Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers Amenities

• Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower
  • Express Check-In/Check-Out
  • Pillow Top Mattress

Related Travel Blogs About Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers

First impressions
We finally arrived at Chinatown at 1:30pm and were dropped off at Canal Street. I was first mesmerized by the "No Standing Anytime" or No Standing except for Sundays" signs. WTF What is that about! W…City! We were staying at the Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers and were on the 15th floor…

Check Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers Rates and Deals