Sheraton New Orleans Hotel

Sheraton New Orleans Hotel Rates and Deals

Sheraton New Orleans Hotel Reviews

pahey345 pahey345
Club Level room Aug 30, 2011
The Sheraton was decent overall value for the money. We stayed on the 48th floor overlooking the Mississippi river & the view was worth the price of admission. The fitness center was being renovated at the time of the stay. Also, the pool is about half the size that it looks like in the sheraton picture. The club lounge was nothing special and seemed like it was closed more than open. Overall I liked the location & the hotel was alright for what it was, but it is definitely not a genuine 4 star hotel.
allsf allsf
Southern Decadence Fun!!!! Sep 22, 2010
I had already had friends staying at the Sheraton and they were very pleased with their stay.. I was blown away by the courtesy of the staff at my check in - beautiful and adorable Katie! - which pretty much set the tone for my whole trip, as it was my first time in town and I was very excited to experiment the famous Southern hospitality..

My room was everything I expect from a good hotel.. roomy with a HUGE comfortable bed - though I didn't care for the soft pillows - a sitting area and an office area.. all that plus a floor to ceiling window overlooking Canal Street which was beautiful at night.

The one thing I was a bit disappointed was the pool. not only the pool was closed for maintenance for half of my stay - though they offer us guests to use the nearby W hotel's pool, but I found it quite small.. which wasn't much of a problem cause it was never very crowded anyway.

Another thing it bothered me was to have to pay to use wireless internet in my room - though it was free access on the lobby.. I thought it was a bit annoying that I had to pay for it or drag my ass down to the lobby area to use the net..

On another note though, I thought it is great that they offer you a $5 voucher to be used at the hotel Starbuck's - which closed at 11am - very annoying, as I was on vacation and never up and out of my room by them - or bars if you skipped housekeeping for the day.. which worked perfect for me cause I don't understand why people are so messy and/or waste so many towels when they stay at a hotel.. I guarantee they are not like that at home.. so I pretty much got a bunch of $5 vouchers for a thing I usually do anyway - skip housekeeping for a couple days people!!

I also enjoyed that the hotel was in between the French Quarter and the whole Warehouse District.. with the fun Magazine Street and its delicious restaurants.. Overall I was very pleased with my Sheraton experience and can't wait to get back there.. the only thing I may consider for next year is to be a bit closer to the gay area on the other end of the French Quarter.. although the 15-20 minutes walk to the bars never bothered me it would be a bit more convenient to be closer to the action during Southern Decadence..

Sheraton New Orleans Hotel Overview

Located on famous Canal Street, this New Orleans hotel has a great location for guests wanting to visit the city attractions. The Sheraton Hotel New Orleans overlooks the Mississippi River, and is near Harrah’s Casino, Riverwalk Marketplace, the Aquarium of the America’s, and IMAX Theater. Just a little farther down the road, visitors will find the Louisiana Superdome, the Morial Convention Center, and the Warehouse Arts district. Many world-renowned dining, shopping, and entertainment venues surround the hotel. The Sheraton Hotel New Orleans is located 16 miles from the New Orleans International Airport.

The 1,100 guest rooms at the Sheraton Hotel New Orleans all feature high speed Internet access, telephone with voice mail, in room safes, coffee makers, pillow-top mattresses, down duvets, and feather pillows.

The Sheraton Hotel New Orleans offers guests an on-site restaurant and lounge, an outdoor roof-top pool, a 24-hour fitness center, 24-hour room service, concierge services, sauna/steam and massage services, and an in-house Starbucks. For the business guest, the hotel offers a staffed business center with four computer workstations, as well as an Internet café in the lobby with Internet workstations, complimentary wireless Internet access, and printing services. The facility offers 108,000 square feet of meeting and function space.

Sheraton New Orleans Hotel Amenities

• Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Pool Outdoor