Sheraton Hotel Kampala

Sheraton Hotel Kampala Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Luxurious accommodation in Kampala Sep 16, 2008
Sheraton Kampala hotel

As one of the few five star hotels in Kampala, Sheraton now part of the Starwood hotel chains offers luxurious accommodation with rich ambiance. Nestled on Nakasero hill, it offers the view of the city with amenities including health club, pool, tennis court fine dinning, conference facility, return airport shuttle service, and bell service.

My friend Agnes and I visited the Sheraton on my recent trip to Uganda: the reason for going to the Sheraton was really just to have coffee and admire their exceptionally well kept gardens. We sat on the outside terrace not too far away from the lounge, I noticed that there had been quite a few changes since my last stay. The earthen tone color scheme and pottery created a very homey feeling even on the outside. The green grass, trees, cacti and colorful floors were attractive enough to draw wedding couples for photo shoot opportunities.

On this particular occasion we did not see any of that. I was interested in seeing what changes had been made to the rooms, since we were not staying there, we had to figure out a way to get them to show us the rooms. Lucky for me, one of the managers on duty happened to me an old friend, he was more than happy to show me around, pridefully emphasizing the amount of money invested it he renovations and the new face of the Starwood chain. I must admit the new face is admirable and welcoming indeed.

As we moved from one floor to another, he took us to the different rooms and went through the tariff knowing that I was a person who would talk about it and help recommend people to the hotel. I emphasize the fact that I was no longer in the Travel Industry. The rooms were redone to emphasize the five star status and enhance a certain elegance that is typical of only five star hotels. All the rooms we were in had electronic safes for the safe keeping of client important personal belongings. Each room had at least two phones with International dialing, and a balcony with a view of the city as well as of the more affluent residential areas Nakasero Hills. Of course as a TB, I’m always looking to see if there is a place I can connect my laptop: a sure as they should, some of the rooms also feature wireless Internet access.

Once we were done, we talked more about my opinions of the changes.

What I did not like and informed the manager about, was how long it took to have an order of tea brought to table. Of course he was apologetic and assured me that the service is always first, I guess it was just an unlucky day for my party of 3, lol! The food however was delicious with large portions not typical of European styled and African styled hotel restaurants. It was almost an American size serving, hahaaaa.

The next time you are visiting Uganda, take a moment to search (google) the Sheraton Kampala Hotel, for all the at it has to offer, the price is right
The pool by night
Reception area at the hotel
Inviting guest area
Hotel on the hill

Sheraton Hotel Kampala Overview

Welcome to the Sheraton Kampala Hotel. Located in the heart of Kampala, we are surrounded by our own beautiful gardens.

Our hotel features 237 newly renovated guest rooms and suites with magnificent views over the city on one side and the prestigious Kololo and Nakasero hills on the other. Tailored to meet the evolving requirements of business and leisure travelers, all guest rooms feature modern amenities including wireless Internet access and much more.

We also offer superb dining options at the Hippo Restaurant with themed lunches and dinners featuring cuisine from around the world. Rhino Pub, a bustling high-wire English pub, stays open on the weekends with a disco until 5am.

Our well-equipped health club - complete with a cardiovascular gymnasium and outdoor pool - will make your stay more relaxing. If you are visiting on business, our 11 renovated meeting rooms with various capacities include a magnificent ballroom (that can be partitioned into two separate rooms), two boardrooms, and a rooftop meeting room. A fully-equipped business centre with Internet, fax, and photocopying services is also available.

Whatever your plans, our staff at the Sheraton Kampala Hotel will make your stay memorable.

Special Condition
As of March 1, 2006, there is a charge of US $15.00 per person each way for airport transportation. Advance reservations are required. Please contact the hotel for further information.

Sheraton Hotel Amenities

• Television with Cable
  • Tennis
  • VIP Rooms/Services

Related Travel Blogs About Sheraton Hotel Kampala

Time at the Sheraton Kampala Hotel Garden Terrace - 'a cupa tea?
Agnes and I took to showing Kevin around and finding food each and every where we went. I told Agnes upon arrival that all I wanted to do eat, eat, eat, eat and eat to flush out the toxic fast foods …Kampala, do NOT, I repeat do not rent a car and think you will drive it in town. You must give yourself time to see and understand the crazy…
ITB Berlin (1999) at Messe Exhibition Center
It was that time of year again. The ITB organizers had sent our fair requirements, registration for sellers, buyers, and visitors. My country participated every year taking about ten to fifteen trave…Sheraton Kampala Hotel, Uganda Wildlife Authority, African Pearl Safaris, Uganda Tourist Board, Volcanoes Safaris, Churchill All Africa Safaris, Lake…

Check Sheraton Hotel Rates and Deals