Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers Rates and Deals

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers Reviews

andrejav andrejav
New Year in Hong Kong Feb 24, 2013
Start of every year has to be celebrated so I like to treat myself a bit and do things indifferent style. Couple of friends of mine and I decided to spend New Year in Hong Kong and then roll to SE Asia. Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers was a great choice of place because of proximity to most of the happenings and very easy transportation solutions.

We got there in the early morning with flight arriving couple hours after the midnight. That morning was very cold, windy and not really the weather I like. I placed all warmer things that I had and put the windbreaker when I got out of the airport building and it was still cold. Hotel is on very beginning of the Nathan Road, just across the street from Avenue of the stars and museums. It was perfect place to go and enjoy the New Years and we did just that. Star Ferry Pier is just short walk away and metro is under the building… Nathan road is famous shopping area and you can seriously find whatever you like or need. Most of the small shops in the area are selling watches, making suites or selling some jewelry. You can follow the road for good few miles and spend whole day venturing in the market areas around it.

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel features all standard services, few restaurants, and awesome buffet breakfast. I still cant grasp the idea of paying premium money for internet in hotels while every hostel in the world has free WiFi… Anyway, for new years we tried to get on the restaurants on the 16th-17th floor, but as you can imagine everything was pre booked long time before and full of happy people looking towards he Victoria Bay and waiting for fireworks. We could not even go in the lodge because it was full of reservations…

Room is excellent, great bed, even better bedding. Shower is also heavenly and it has all things needed for great bathing experience. TV has some programs, but remote control has settings from 1980 and it is something that modern hotel should change. Service is amazing, but first couple of days I could not stop them knocking on my door and asking if I need more towels… Like we did not have at least 10 that were clean in all possible sizes.

I enjoyed health club and the pool on the top floor. Health club has mostly machines and personal trainers are available. You can also join one of the classes that are going on all day long. I just wanted to work out on rowing ergometer and then I went up to the pool. It is really nice on that roof top during the night, with all this neon lights and offices lighting up the area, and you sit in the Jacuzzi and fear coming out in the cold.

All in all it is good hotel a bit overpriced but it is fine for certain occasions.
Love this sink
ccjbeachbum says:
sounds nice -sheridan great brand
Posted on: Feb 24, 2013
gardkarlsen gardkarl…
Nice room with a great view Oct 10, 2009
I stayed at the Sheraton Hotel & Towers in the end of September 2009. The room was booked online at the SPG site and it was 1400 Hong Kong Dollar (approx. about 170 USD).

I chose the Sheraton as I’m Starwood preferred guest and as it was located in the same area that I stayed in the last time I was on HK…at Tsim Sha Tsui in Kowloon. I got to the hotel by taking the airport express train into the Kowloon station (costing 90 HKD) and from there I took a taxi to the hotel and it was only like 5-10 minutes and cost 35 HKD (4.5 USD).

When I checked in I had a weak moment so I decided to upgrade to Club level as it would give me breakfast, access to the club lounge, internet etc. Check in was efficient and as my room was not ready I was sent to the lounge on the 16th floor while my room 1771 was being prepared. What a view there is from the lounge on the 16th floor – you get a great view of the harbor area and the skyline of Hong Kong.

My room was very nice indeed. There was a combination of tiles and carpet on the floor and the walls were a combination of light wall paper and darker wood panels. I got a king size bed with lots and lots of pillows but the bed was not as soft I would have liked it to be. In front of the bed was a huge Samsung flat screen TV with lots of channels and this was also connected to the work desk area which was pretty well set up. As I stayed at Club level I had free WiFi but for some reason I did have problem connecting to it from time to time. Apart from this I had a chair where I could sit to check out the great view from the window – the view was of the harbor and the space museum.

The minibar included a couple of bottles of complimentary water. The minibar also contained a lot of things that were priced the same as 7-Eleven + 10%. So a can of Coke was only 6.4 HKD (about 0.8 USD) and that makes more sense compared to some hotels where you have to pay astronomical prices for the soft drinks. The safe was large enough to store my laptop which is a nice feature.

On the small table next the bed there was a cool little gadget…a docking station for the iPhone/iPod with speakers combined with a wake up function of course. The only problem was that the display with the watch on it was quite bright so it lid up half of the room at night. Talking about lights…is there no master switch in the rooms? I kept on looking for this but in the end I had to turn off all the lights individually.

The bathroom was tiled and contained a beautiful glass sink together with a bathtub and shower. The shower was tiny so in my opinion that should have just left out the bathtub and made the shower larger. The amenities were quite impressive….everything from dental floss, mouth wash, shaving kit, dental kit, sponges, shower caps and of course shampoo, conditioner and body gel.

On the 17th floor you also have access to the health club where you can exercise and enjoy the view of Hong Kong skyline and the pool is located on the top floor outside. The pool is not huge or anything but OK for a dip after a day of sightseeing. I had a massage and it was 600 HKD for 1 hour. The only problem was that the lady that gave me the massage kept on bugging me about going for a different kind of massage, to go for 1 ½ hour instead of just 1 hour etc.

If you are staying at the Club level you can either have the breakfast on the 18th floor in quiet surroundings or have it downstairs in a café. I tried both and the selection is more extensive downstairs – there was a good selection of eggs, bacon, sausages, pastries etc. Well, they basically had all that you need from a hotel breakfast in my opinion.

Located in Tsim Sha Tsui you can easily walk to the Tsim Sha Tsui subway station or to the Star ferry to go across to Hong Kong island so the location is pretty good.

All in all – a very nice hotel room with a great view and lots of amenities for a traveler.
The bed
Chair in my room
Work desk
TV in room

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers Overview

In addition to being located nearby some of the city’s most notable business addresses, this Hong Kong hotel is also close to cultural attractions. The Hong Kong Cultural Center is within a close distance, as is the Hong Kong Museum of Art. The Hong Kong International Airport is approximately 30 minutes from this hotel by car. There is a train station located close to the hotel, as well.

The nearly 800 guestrooms in this hotel are provided with modern amenities. The Sheraton Hong Kong offers DVD players, MP3 player docks and a minibar among its leisure amenities. The hotel also provides Internet connections and a desk suitable for working among its practical in-room amenities.

This hotel has two restaurants on the premises. They serve Chinese and Japanese fare. The Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel has a variety of meeting facilities, including standard meeting rooms and a large ballroom space. There is a cocktail lounge on the upper floors that provides a view of the surroundings.

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers Amenities

• Jacuzzi
  • Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes
  • Family Room
  • Shoe Shine
  • Doctor on call

Related Travel Blogs About Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers

Three site inspections on one day
Our day began early with breakfast at the Sheraton Hong Kong and Towers Hotel. This would be our second site inspection on our working holiday. We met Jaly, our host in the lobby at 9am, and then mad…Sheraton Hong Kong and Towers Hotel. This would be our second site inspection on our working holiday. We met Jaly…

Check Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers Rates and Deals