Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit A Luxury Collection Hotel

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit A Luxury Collection Hotel Rates and Deals

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit A Luxury Collection Hotel Bangkok Reviews

ccjbeachbum ccjbeach…
wow amazing place Sep 25, 2012
this place is truly amazing. the Sheraton grande sukhumvit is part of the Sheratons luxury collection and i can see why.i love this place - everything about this place is top of the line.its location has to be the best for getting around the sukhumvit area as its connected by the sky link bridge to asok station and the MRT and the BTS and connects to the 21 mall which is a great mall.the look from the outside is amazing as you look into there beautiful eating area/buffet it is big and beautiful.the rooms were very very nice and it gave you this feeling of I'm living in luxury and you know what ? i was .the pool is sooooooo nice and the landscape was perfect and i cant forget the fitness club.what i loved about it was they gave you a complI'mentary physical assessment test and offer i think 30 free classes a week.truly a awesome experience from the welcoming staff to every detail. five star all the way
my camera errrrrrrr
so roomy
nice walk-in closet
ccjbeachbum says:
are you coming to tb meetup in bangkok ?
Posted on: Sep 27, 2012
Globetrotters Globetro…
Great location Mar 03, 2011
Fantastic hotel. Large bathroom, comfortable bed, excellent location near the great shopping malls, vibrant nightlife and easy acces to the BTS Skytrain as the station is wiithin walking distance.
ridwankipp says:
Loved this hotel, it has a really nice open air swimming pool in the 6th floor
Posted on: Aug 14, 2011
gardkarlsen gardkarl…
Great hotel but with one tiny flaw Jul 03, 2008
I stayed at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit in Bangkok from June 27th to June 29th 2008. I have been to Bangkok a few times before and I have stayed at places like Lebua, Rembrandt, Majestic, Dusit Thani etc so I feel that I do have some experience when it comes to Bangkok hotels. The purpose of this visit was just rest and relaxation.

We arrived at the hotel in the evening and I was assigned to room 2007 on the 20th floor. The service was good upon arrival by the way…they helped us with our suitcases and it was sent to my room a few minutes after I had gotten there. When I came to my room and opened the door the room was bigger than expected. First of all there was a small hall with tiles before you got into the actual room which had carpet on the floor.

The bed was huge and had lots of big pillows. The bed was also very comfortable and I slept like a baby while I was there. The room also contained a small chair for relaxing, a work desk with two chairs, a big flat screen TV on the wall in front of the bed (with a DVD player) and a small mini bar. Unfortunately the hotel does not offer free Internet access but as we were done with our business I as able to get by without this. BUT I have to say that I would like to see free Internet at every hotel I stay at.

The room had a separate wardrobe room with space for the suitcase, there were lots of hangers and there was also a big safe with room for the laptop…quite clever :-) The bathroom was big but pretty old fashion in style…and the greenish tiles are not very pretty in my opinion. But it was a very nice layout and it contained a bathtub, a big shower corner and lots of huge towels  Around the sink I found amenities heaven by the way…it included everything that you normally find but also toothbrush, shaving kit, talcum powder, mouth wash etc…simply impressive.

The pool area at the Sheraton is quite nice. It is not just a big pool with lots of chairs around it…instead it is a pool with lots of plants and vegetation…I guess you get a feeling of swimming in the jungle. And it you have a tender skin like me it is also easy to find some shade. The health club looked OK and I never did get to test out the SPA so I can't comment on that.

We ate at the hotel a couple of times. First of all I have to mention the breakfast that was more or less out of this world. If you can't find what you like in this buffet, you must have a very special taste. I normally just have muesli for breakfast but this buffet made me break all the rules :-) One of the most spectacular "show of" pieces in the buffet was the bee hive frame that was setup so that the honey could drip down in a bowl…how creative is that? :-)

We also had a buffet there one night and I think it was about 1500 THB (45 USD). But for this we got access to all sorts of good stuff and it was hard to decide where to start. I had parma ham, caprese salad, Parmesan cheese etc for starter. For main there was a wide selection of meat, fish, prawns, sushi, oysters etc. The dessert table include so much good stuff and they even had a chocolate fountain…I don't think I have ever seen that before…apart from in Charlie and the chocolate factory maybe.

The location of the hotel is quite good. It is located on the busy Sukhumvit road and just by the Asok skytrain station. In fact you access the BTS skytrain directly from the hotel. In this intersection you can also take the subway so getting around is not a problem.

Conclusion

We got a special deal at the hotel and we paid about 4000 THB (about 120 USD) plus taxes. It did not include breakfast but it was still a pretty good hotel. This hotel offered a very comfortable stay and the service was great. The room itself was huge and even if I do like the modern style better, this room was not bad at all. The location next to the Asok skytrain station makes it easy to get to Siam within minutes. The only thing I can't think of that is a set back is the lack of complimentary Internet access. When that is in place this will be the perfect place to stay if you are taking a short break in Bangkok.
View from my room
The bed
Chair with a view
Work desk
nyfella nyfella
Great luxury hotel near shopping malls Dec 30, 2008
This was an amazing hotel that I would recommend to anyone planning a trip to Bangkok. The hotel is connected to the train station which is very convenient to get around the city. Loved the pool and hot jacuzzi, good for relaxing after a long day of travel. Best if you are an SPG preferred guest. I got a very good club room with a great view of the city. Only negative I would say is that I was not able to find good restaurants near the immediate vicinity of the hotel. None the less its a short train ride to any cool places.
pool area

• Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Steam Bath
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes