Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel

Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel Rates and Deals

Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel San Francisco Reviews

traveller142009 travelle…
Good Location Jan 10, 2015
We booked this hotel way in advance as it was the most reasonable priced hotel in Fisherman's Wharf at the time of booking. Our plan was to fly into San Francisco a day before catching our cruise ship from Pier 27. We were told that you could walk from the hotel to Pier 27....definitely not with two pieces of luggage and pouring rain! Even without the rain, it is quite a haul to lug two pieces of luggage from the hotel to Pier 27!

There has been pouring rain, floodings and power outage throughout the city prior to our arrival at the hotel. We arrived early at the hotel around 11 AM and though check in time was not until 3PM, we were allowed to get checked in right away. There were still some power outages throughout the hotel lending to some elevators not working and no internet access but the hotel offered complimentary coffee/water/snacks. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. They printed our tour passes for us and stored our luggage the next day so that we could go and do some sightseeing before catching our cruise.

The hotel is conveniently located in Fisherman's Wharf and within walking distance to shops, restaurants, public transportation, sightseeing etc. If you plan to stay here prior to your cruise, plan to take a taxi to the cruise terminal as well as taxi from the airport to the hotel as no free shuttle service is offered.
mmekiss mmekiss
Great Hotel Jul 17, 2012
Great Hotel!! I would definitely stay her again. The hotel has a great location, walking distance from Pier 39 and cable cars. There was a lot of things to do and see around the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean and a pretty good size. The hotel had fire pits near the entrance, it was a nice touch and a very welcoming place to sit. The hotel pool area is a little small but clean and taken care off. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
traveller142009 says:
You are welcome. Have a great week:-)
Posted on: Jan 18, 2015
Eric says:
Thanks for sharing!
Posted on: Jul 17, 2012
SOCALtrekker2011 SOCALtre…
Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel San Francisco Jun 25, 2011
I stayed hear while ago but thought I would write a review. I am certainly do not stay in hotels very often but I thought this place was great for the casual traveler or family. The location was perfect to the Wharf, sight seeing buses, & near many shops, stores. The room, lobby, & outside area were all very nice & clean. We dealt with three representatives of the hotel two were very good, while one of the checkin ladies seemed bothered. However the whole experince was great & would recommend staying there.
360 360
nice hotel bas stuff Apr 06, 2011
The cost is around 80 for the night through priceline

really you cannot find better location ... very amazing and real fun to be over there ... again the parking is 25 $ for the night and also no free internet ... some time Super 8 give you more services .

Service was so bad for the hotel name
sdbleve sdbleve
Mar 30, 2007
This hotel has an excellent location in the Embarcadero area of San Francisco. Pier 39 is a short walk away, as is Ghiradelli Square. I booked the hotel thru Hotwire, where it is listed as a 4 Star hotel. As I watched a couple of people paying rack rate for their rooms (Approx $189) I was happy with the price we had received. Know I have no idea what makes a hotel a 4 star hotel, but I did like the place. It was clean, "most" of the staff was friendly (all of the housekeeping staff where nice) and it was in a great location.

On arrival I had been put in a smoking room (even after asking 2 times not to be). When I told them I would need to be moved, they did so quickly. After moving to the non smoking room, I saw that the door handle on the outside of all the rooms in that wing, on that floor, had the no smoking signs etched on the panels.

Free Wi-Fi. I have started taking my laptop on trips where I feel it is safe to do so. The hotel offers wi-fi access for a fee (did not check how much), but when I booted up my laptop, I saw that there were several free access points in range (how cool was that). I dont know if it was relevent, but I was in a room on the Mason St side of the hotel.

Parking. If you drive to this hotel and want to park in the hotel parking be prepared to take out a 2nd on your home, or ready to hawk your second born child. The onsite hotel parking was in the $40/night range. But, my sister found a better solution. There is a shopping mall across the street to the south of the hotel. She said parking was more like $25 a night.

I had read several less than favorable reviews about this hotel (after booking it), but they missed the mark as far as my stay was concerned. I would deff recommend this hotel to friends and family (if they can get the Hotwire rate) as the loction could not be beat.
fawkes66 says:
Thanks for this review. I´ll check on hotwire.
Posted on: Mar 24, 2008

• Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower