Sheraton Djibouti Hotel

Sheraton Djibouti Hotel Rates and Deals

Sheraton Djibouti Hotel Reviews

lieff lieff
Good option for Djibouti Jun 30, 2011
The Djibouti Sheraton Hotel is a good option when you stay in Djibouti. Internet access good and affordable. Very friendly and helpful staff. A bit rundown and the common areas could use some renovations. Rooms are okay and clean. To African standards, a good hotel in general.
poisongirl13666 poisongi…
Nice hotel with friendly staff Apr 01, 2011
It's a nice hotel with very friendly people working in there. Their English isn't very good, but with a lit of patience you ca explain them what you want and they try to do everything for you. In the hotel bar I never had to ask for a drink, they knew what I was drinking and just filled my glass. The rooms in the 4th, 5th and 6th floor are really nice. Some of my collegue's had to stay on the others floors, those rooms looked really cheap. The rooms were clean, but if you need something from housekeeping (like clean towels) it can take a while before they bring it. Sometimes I had to call them a couple of times because they didn't understand. Every night (exept on monday's) they had the city beat band playing in the bar, a nice band that are playing rock covers, but after one month of hearing the same songs every evening you're done with them:p. The swimming pool is a bit small, but it's ok. The water is warm and the staff working at the pool is also very friendly. There's also a little beach, but we didn't swim over there. There were a lot of rocks in the water and at the beach are a lot of crabs. The location is also good, it's on walking distance from the city centre. It's about a 20 minutes walk and it's safe to walk over there, even at night. I've tried it with my collegue a couple of times, we are two blonde girls and never got into to trouble over there walking the streets alone.
nik2blessed nik2bles…
Sheraton Djibouti May 10, 2010
If you find yourself in Djibouti, you will have many hotels to choose from and I happened to stay at this one. The people were sweet and gave me the impression if they could understand an American it would be much better for us to communicate.

I found it quite difficult to make things work out for me but what do you expect if your in another country. I only hope the many visitors coming that way will find themselves understanding patience is virtue. So enjoy your trip no matter where you go and stay positive while doing it.

May God Bless those in Djibouti!
travelman727 says:
Great review! I love your upbeat attitude :-D
Posted on: May 10, 2010
mccawff mccawff
One of the top 2 hotels in Djibouti Mar 26, 2008
I stayed at the Sheraton Hotel in Djibouti a few times in 2007. It's a nice clean establishment (rare for Djiobuti) that has a casino right next door that opens up at 9pm. The rooms are very nice and clean and room service was great. The pool is very nice and over looks the ocean. Be aware if you are traveling with someone else they will charge you extra if you are going to stay in the same room. This can be avoided if you pad the wallet of the manager at the front desk. $12 or 2000 Djibouti Franc does wonders. There are cheaper hotels in Djibouti but this is probably the best hotel for the value of the rooms and service. It is a short drive by green and white taxi to the center of the city. I will probably never go back to Djibouti again unless my work forces me to, however if I did I would recommend staying here to anyone. It is by far one of the top 2 hotels in Djibouti.

Sheraton Djibouti Hotel Amenities