Tofino, Canada

Shelter Tofino Reviews

Rokerij Rokerij
Once Again - Awesome Sep 11, 2011
We were here last year and had an unbelievable experience. Great food, views, and service. This year it was more of the same. We went here twice - once for lunch and once for dinner. Both times they allowed our dog on the patio even though it was packed. In fact all of the servers kept coming over and playing with our dog whenever they had time.

The food was delicious again, the drinks were perfect and the service was amazing. I did think our waitress during lunch was completely stoned, or sounded very dumb with her constant "cheers" to everything, even when the moment didn't call for it. But in either case she was still a great waitress and even took our dog a bowl of water since it was roasting hot out.
OOtie86 OOtie86
Awesome atmosphere great fresh seafood! Mar 11, 2011
The best resturant in Tofino! After a day storm watching on the many beautiful beaches there is nothing I love more then booking a reservation at Shelter! The food is mainly local. I'm talking fresh crab, prawns, lobster! even the potatoes are locally grown! Although it can be a bit on the expensive side it is worth every penny. Great full service bar, appies, and entrees. Awesome blend of tourists and locals.
Rokerij Rokerij
Shelter of Awesomeness Jul 01, 2010
We came here for lunch, and like most places on Vancouver Island they were great about letting our dog sit with us on the patio. It helps our dog is ridiculously well behaved - especially for a lab.

While on the island I made a goal of eating nothing but seafood since I am not overly fond of it and find that trying things while traveling usually makes me like it that much more. So I tried the fish and chips here - best I've had.

The service was exceptional and the view out into Grice Bay was unbelievable. It was quiet at lunch on Canada day but that was perfect since our pup was with us.

That same evening we were so impressed with their food and service that we decided to go back. As it turns out they got busy at dinner with a 1 hour wait. Luckily for us the waitress was serving drinks on the patio.

Once we finally got our table we had the spiniest waitress, but she was awesome none the less. I went with the seafood curry and my wife went with the pork tenderloin which was massive. Luckily we decided to share 50/50 and I got to try it. It was delicious. The seafood curry was very good also, but nothing compared to the pork. We eventually stayed and had plenty more drinks before walking to the fire works and giving our poor pup a heart attack. Now when I make even quiet fireworks sound effects she runs away and hides.

Related Travel Blogs About Shelter

Western Canada Road Trip
It was a bright and hot Wednesday afternoon. My wife Alana and I have been planning this day for almost two months and looking forward to it for much longer. I arrived home at 7am after working my la…Tofino where we had lunch at Shelter , one of the many great BC restaurants that allow your dog to sit on the patio…
Best Canadian Road Trip
Work ended at 6pm, we packed the night before so we could just throw our food in a cooler and leave. All of our plans were set, we had house sitters and even threw out the garbage so our house wouldn…Tofino and around town we stopped and had lunch at Shelter where they allowed us to have our dog on the patio…

Check Tofino Hotel Deals