Shelter Jordan

Shelter Jordan Rates and Deals

Shelter Jordan Amsterdam Reviews

jazzeegirl12 jazzeegi…
Jun 25, 2007
If you are looking for a SAFE, cheap place to stay in Amsterdam, consider the Shelter. My friend and I stayed here for a few nights during our backpacking trip through Europe. Being two girls, traveling alone, we were always pretty cautious about where we were staying. The Shelter was the best place for us because it is owned by Christians and there is a curfew. The atmosphere was so friendly and conducive to meeting people from all walks of life. The eating area adds to the "community" feel. We really enjoyed our stay, even though we didn't get a private room (we were in a really large room of all girls and bunk beds).

If you stay here, I would suggest bringing your own lock (there are lockers in the sleeping area) as it costs extra to keep your things secure at the front desk. Also, just as a general backpacking rule, bring an extra sheet so you don't have to pay extra for one (and you can sleep on something you know is CLEAN!).

For the price, for the location and proximity to sites, and for the safety, I would highly recommend the Shelter!
alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
great location Aug 31, 2006
Shelter Jordan is a Christian run hostel that is drug free and alcohol free. As a single woman traveling alone, I felt safe here. The hostel serves hot meals, has a snack bar and a wonderful breakfast. The front desk speaks English as well as many other languages.

The rooms are dorm style with bunk beds sleeping 14 or 20. The beds were okay but I didn't like sharing with so many people. It was pretty loud with all the different snoring and people coming and going all night. The hostel does have a curfew, but people would come up late after chatting in the common area and then some would leave early in the morning. I didn't sleep very well and the bathrooms and showers weren't very clean with all the people using them.

The location was excellent, though. Just a couple blocks off the tram line and a short walk from the Anne Frank House. The hostel was full because it was summer, so maybe it is quieter at other times of the year.
The Sheler Jordan entrance
view down street to the church nea…

Check Shelter Jordan Rates and Deals