Sheikh Rashid International Airport Dubai

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Sheikh Rashid International Airport Dubai - Mmmmmm! Yummy & Free!
Flying Emirates? They have a complementary free breakfast or lunch, if you have connecting (Emirates) flights.
Sheikh Rashid International Airport Dubai - The 'bling factor'  Those glass panels have LED lights embedded in the glass, quite a trick because the wires are practically invisible.
Sheikh Rashid International Airport Dubai - The new T3 wing has a lot more natural lighting then the old T1
Sheikh Rashid International Airport Dubai - The main feature inside near the lifts. Strangely there was no one there to admire it.
Sheikh Rashid International Airport Dubai - My daughter on arrival at Dubai Airport
Sheikh Rashid International Airport Dubai - Me at Dubai Aiprot
Sheikh Rashid International Airport Dubai - My daughter inside Sheikh Rashid terminal

Sheikh Rashid International Airport Dubai Reviews

kiwiguy kiwiguy
Sheikh Rashid International Airport Dubai, Terminal 3 Jun 19, 2012
This review below was done a few years ago & since then things have changed, I'll put the changes in brackets (like this)

I've been through this airport six times now, but Terminal 3 (T3) is the new extension which services exclusively the Emirates airline.

I'll try & keep this brief,

The GOOD:

1:Recliner style chairs that you can snooze in, or write reviews with your laptop from.:)

2: Power docking stations (NO LONGER AVAILABLE)where you can charge the laptop, (while in the recliner typing the review) The plug points are multi fit so no pesky travel adapter needed!

3: FREE wifi! (internet connection) It's called maxspot and it's nice & fast too!(when it's working) :/

4: The free Emirates cafe above Burger King is now gone, replaced with a business lounge :(

5: Quick disembarkment most times.

6: Duty free was reasonably priced, for little things. I bought 2 2MB sd memory cards for 10 euro... pretty good compared to NZ

Ok now the BAD....

1: The toilets!!! WAY over crowded! they looked pretty dated too, ugly tiles, ugly colours... (in my opinion)

2: It's not what I'd call state of the art architectural design, not that it matters, but there's too many hard & artificial surfaces, making it harsh & echoey

3: It doesn't look very new & it's less then a year old... ie not wearing very well.

4: No bathrooms / showers, I spose they'll be here next time I pass through. (SHOWERS ARE NOW AVAILABLE)

5: No private lounges so you're stuck with the masses & it's quite noisy unless you walk right to the end of the building.

6: can be very crowded unless you do #5

7: I'm getting a bit picky eh?

That's it for now hope it helps in your travels :)

Update;

I feel over the last 6 years that this airport isn't as good as it used to be, Duty Free isn't that extensive, ie, there's only one computer / electronics shop that I could see & the prices weren't that great. Clothing prices were ridiculous, paying for labels I spose, I just needed a T shirt cause I forgot to put one in my cabin bag to change into between flights, very few to chose from & $$$$!! NZD $40.00 for a plain Billabong T shirt! Maybe I'm just too cheap eh? :p
Mmmmmm! Yummy & Free! Flying Emir…
The new T3 wing has a lot more nat…
The main feature inside near the l…
The "bling factor" Those glass pa…
Transitory says:
snob indeed, I've sent out the invite to the Pretentious Travbuddies group :P
kiwiguy says:
Ha ha! Us, "ahem" finer types of society (looking down his nose) need our exclusive space, Lol!
Just kidding, but it would have been nice to have a shower & relax in a quiet corner, I was pretty shattered at the time.
#5, = Go to the end of the terminal. It's a bit less crowded there.
Have a nice day :)
christobel says:
Oh you snob, stuck with the masses! :-) excuse my ignorance but what is #5 in no 6 :-) :-)
Africancrab Africanc…
Dubai's International airport Apr 21, 2009
Sheikh Rashid International is Dubai's main airport, large airport with great architecture. The terminals are well lit and the walk ways are really long thank God they have walking escalators. Great duty free shopping inside the terminal with gold being sold like it were candy.

I have travelled through Sheikh Rashid many times and each time I have managed to go through security with ease. Service at the airport is very efficient and every one speaks English fluently.
My daughter on arrival at Dubai Ai…
Me at Dubai Aiprot
My daughter inside Sheikh Rashid t…
Africancrab says:
Ha-ha Bernard, why 13 days?
Posted on: Apr 21, 2009
bernard69 says:
I'll check yr review in 13 days! have a great weekend:)
Posted on: Mar 28, 2009