Sheetz

17th Street, Altoona, PA, USA

Sheetz Altoona Reviews

pinchora pinchora
Is it a Gas Station or is it a Restaurant Oct 15, 2008
Sheetz is a what most people think of a gas station (and that's what I thought it started out as too)...but I learned from one of my customers that it really started out as a dairy store and in 1952 a man named Bob Sheetz bought one of the dairy stores off of his father.

By 1972, theere were fourteen stores. One year later, Sheetz added gasoline pumps and introduced self-serve gasoline to Central Pennsylvania. Now there are 350 Sheetz in Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia and Virginia. And the rest is history... and not the only time they made history as this one sole gas station is the only one in Pennsylvania who sells beer...no other gas station is aloud!

Most sheetz's are smaller with a small counter to make what's called an MTO (Made-to-Order)... which is a way to get food your way... fast! This one on 17th street took it a little farther... this one is a full small convenience store... lot's of gas pumps... a car wash... a drive through MTO and a full fledge sit down area... in fact one way to know you're from Pennsylvania is if you go to Sheetz on your first date! Ha Ha Ha (I saw that on one of those "you know your from" web pages).

The staff is friendly and when you go up to the touch screen menus to place your order they actually tell you what is a smart option and you can get good food for cheap! I got a HUGE egg salad sandwich for $2.99 and usually I would be paying $5.50 for the same thing at a deli!

I usually don't go to Sheetz for the gas as I noticed I don't get as good milage from it... but it's still convenient and in Altoona there's a sheetz on every block... sort of like Starbucks in Manhattan!!!
The LCD monitor to view the menu a…
The restaurant portion
roby1001 says:
well I can't resist commenting on the most heavenly gas station/restaurant/cafe of Pennsylvania!
Posted on: Oct 17, 2008
pinchora says:
Ha Ha Ha.. Roby1001... I figured you'd appriciate the review!
Posted on: Oct 16, 2008
roby1001 says:
haha i love it!!its like a wonderland of anything you could ever want!!
Posted on: Oct 16, 2008