Shedd Aquarium

1200 S. Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL, USA

Shedd Aquarium Chicago Reviews

mazi mazi
Very Educational for both young & old Nov 11, 2013
Great place to bring your family for an interactive time out.They are live shows on the Beluga Whales, Seal & Dolphins which is very interesting.

There is a display of fish from all over the continents.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Nair2011 Nair2011
John G. Shedd Aquarium Aug 13, 2011
One of the major attraction in chicago is Shedd Aquarium. This world known aqaurium is one of the biggest and best aquarium I have ever seen.

This aquarium is very logically organized. Started with seeing the sea animals in the forest different levels of water flow.

Grouped into ocean, river, wild reef, sea horse, Jellies etc. This aquarium is located in the museum complex and has a resataurant with great Chicago skyline views. Seen Octopus, Kiler Spider, Beluga whales, Sea lion, Whte sided dolphin and many more sea life..

This aquarim has 2 entrances. Different kind of tickets are available and to see all the shows and exhibits there is ticket for 34USD plus tax.

$D theater playing different 15 min movies and very well presented aquatic show are the attractions in this place. Overall a nice feeling of seeing some mammmals in real.
flloyd flloyd
A good way to spend a cold windy morning Apr 25, 2011
I walked 4 miles in wind and rain ( should have got a bus!!! ) so was not in the best of moods when arrived , but it was an interesting place with lots to see. My city pass included access to all the shows and jellyfish exhibit.

The aquarium has a large oceanarium doing live shows with Belugas , Dolphins and a Barn Owl!. There is also a 4D theatre showing some short films , Dora the explorer , Happy Feet and I watched a 15 minute extract of BBC's Planet Earth . It is a big place and well worth a visit.
perfektewelle perfekte…
Apr 25, 2007
I was filled with excitement as we headed into the Shedd Aquarium, our general admission tickets in hand.. only $8.00. However, be wary. Our tickets did not allow us to see any of the underwater parts. We were only admitted to see small aquariums. The exciting underwater cafe was off limits as well. Our only glimpse at large creatures was in the Caribbean Reef aquarium. My point is, if you're going to go, splurge for a real ticket. General Admission offers you only the smallest glimpse at the wonders of the seas... Also, the lines to get the tickets take about half an hour to an hour to get through...
kaki0301 kaki0301
Sep 03, 2007
The Beluga, one of the big reasons I wanted to visit, was off exhibit the day I visited. However, the aquarium overall was fun. They have a wide variety of aquatic animals!

The dolphin pool was also amazing! It overlooks the Lake, providing a perfect viewing experience!

As with many zoos and aquariums, the popular areas were crowded, but overall a good experience!

Related Travel Blogs About Shedd Aquarium

Day care center running amok
After a nice stroll around some parks of Chicago i come to Shedd Aquariums, I always love these things and this should be one of the best i am told, However i will say that total experience was a lot…Chicago i come to Shedd Aquariums, I always love these things and this should be one of the best i am told…
The Aquarium, The Museum and the Great Chicago Meet-Up!!
This morning we decided on breakfast somewhere out. Lena heard of a place called The Corner Bakery which was supposedly nearby, but we couldn't find it. So, we ended up at a little place at the base …Shedd Aquarium.   With our Go Chicago Cards, we were able to skip the long line to get in and go right…
Speed visiting attractions.
Leaving hotel at 7:30 which is so unlike me, With my evening job i usually dont get out of bed until clock says pm. At first for a small city resident from Sweden the chicago CTA is intimidating to …Chicago, You cannnot tell its going to rain in 1 minute there is no warning at all. next stop is Shedd Aquarium

Check Chicago Hotel Deals