Shark Feeding from Wayalailai Island

Wayalailai Island , Fiji

Shark Feeding from Wayalailai Island Reviews

hoofinnit hoofinnit
Cool Shark Expereince Dec 15, 2012
While staying at Naqalia Lodge, I decided to sign up for the shark feeding experience. I absolutely loved it and would really recommend it. There were two guys who took a group of five of us out on their boat about 45 minutes out for a shark experience. Along the way they stopped to spear some fish to feed the black tips. I wasn't sure exactly what to expect, but it exceeded my expectations. Once at the site, a spot that was maybe 15 meters deep, we all jumped in the water with our snorkelling gear on.

In less than five minutes, a few sharks appeared and before we were finished there were about ten or so. As the guys fed them they got excited and actually were bumping into our legs as we watched through our snorkelling masks. While they were fairly small, maybe 4 to 6 foot long, I found it a bit intimidating at first, but was really enjoying the experience by the end and would definitely do it again. I thought it was such a cool thing to get so up close and personal with these beautiful creatures in their natural habitat.

Compare Singer Island Hotel Rates (<1km away)

Wayalailai Island  Map