Shapiro's Delicatessen

www.shapiros.com - 317.631.4041

Shapiro's Delicatessen Indianapolis Reviews

vulindlela vulindle…
Great sandwiches and more! Aug 01, 2015
When Walter(WalterC) visited us on Saturday, we all decided on this place for lunch.

I had eaten at the airport location a few times, but for my wife, daughter, and Walter, this would be their first time.

Shapiro's is very well known in the area and is a considered a must eat at for the city.

It is been around since 1905 and serves many great sandwiches.

To my surprise, they also have a lot more!(The airport location only has sandwiches).

They are famous for their reuben, which is what I ordered.

I also like their pastrami sandwich.

Walter ordered a fried chicken platter.

My wife and daughter each ordered a hot dog with sides.

All meals were delicious and very filling.

It is a large restaurant and is a great place to just sit and chat while you eat.

You get your food cafeteria style and then choose your table.

They also have a nice bakery for desserts, but we were too full.

Shapiro's has plenty of free parking on site and close by.

Besides the flagship location downtown, they have smaller locations at Indianapolis International Airport, and the Keystone Fashion Mall on the north side of town.
Shapiro's
Reuben and asparagus
Deli area
restaurant
WalterC says:
This place will always be an absolute must whenever I come to Indy.
Posted on: Aug 14, 2015
spocklogic says:
Been around since the same year Einstein published his Special Theory of Relativity - 1905.
Posted on: Aug 02, 2015
WalterC WalterC
Great place to eat! Aug 01, 2015
Located not too far from Lucas Oil Stadium and on the edge of downtown, Shapiro’s has been part of Indianapolis for over 100 years. They have a few restaurants in different parts of the city. This review will be for the downtown location.

This one is a cafeteria, where you pick up a tray and decide what food you want along the way. Then pay for it all at the end.

But then, here comes the tough part, and that is deciding what food to get, as there is so much to choose from. Whether it is one of the different types of sandwiches, or a huge piece of chicken, along with some side order. The portions are huge, so try not to go overboard with your selections. And they are really, really good. And not just the main courses, but also portions of desserts are big as well. The options just seem endless.

Also, you have a variety of sodas, in a different type of soda tower. One of them has the different types of Coke that has been made throughout the years, like Lemon Coke or Vanilla Coke. So much to try from as well.

My meal was chicken with macaroni and mashed potatoes, with unlimited refills of soda. And I enjoyed it very much! The seating area does make it a nice place to meet and hang out at.

The variety and the amount of food you can get in each dish, is more than enough reason to come, as you will definitely get your money’s worth.

I will definitely return here the next time I come to Indy, as I am really glad that Jeremy (vulindlela) showed me this place.
building