Check Bangkok Hotel Deals
Shanti Lodge Bangkok Reviews
Shanti "Ice Queen" Lodge Nov 16, 2007
Nice aesthetics… Bad ambiance.
We booked a room at Shanti lodge for a few reasons:
1. Nice Thai Neighborhood – not many tourist
2. Thai style teak and décor – very quaint
3. Budget prices…
What we learned after staying there:
1. Very pleasant Thai neighborhood
2. The décor is nice – but very similar to others guest houses nearby
3. Very few Thai dishes in the breakfast menu which was a bit disappointing, although the western breakfast was still delicious
The staff had an Ice Queen mentality, very cold; they treated their guest like they’re just another sheep in the herd. This bothered us a LOT, considering everywhere in Thailand people are very friendly, smile and make you feel at home. However, the Shanti Lodge staff act as if they’re doing you a favor for staying there… so if you don’t mind that – go right ahead :) - we will not return ….
Also, the smell that came out of the bathroom pipes and sink was horrible - like a sewer...
We found out later there was another Guesthouse in the back alley of Shanti lodge which had better prices and we had the best experience staying there before going home. Read at the end of this blog – Tavee Guest House : http://www.travbuddy.com/Tavee-Guesthouse-v266541
Part of the Thailand - สวัสดี travel blog
1 / 1 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!