Shangrila's Mactan Resort & Spa

Check Cebu Hotel Deals

Shangrila's Mactan Resort & Spa Cebu Reviews

billyk billyk
Heavenly Resort May 04, 2014
This is one of my favourite spots on the whole earth. Open air lobby gives you the summer breeze you ever wanted to refresh. Professional, friendly and beautiful staff are everywhere just to help you, many restaurants and bars all over the place and you need atleast 2 days to get familiar with the directions. Do never miss a dinner in the seafood restaurant almost inside the water, unbelievably amazing. Views are from heaven overlooking the beach, swimming pools and gardens. Breakfast is unusual with almost everything you know about food. Location is isolated and this is much better, with 15 mins driving from the city of Cebu and all the businsess and also the night life spots. In brief, one of the best in the world of tourism
TravellinChic Travelli…
Luxury hotel near the airport Jun 19, 2011
Starting from the gates of Shangrila, you already know you are entering a 5-star resort. It was designed to impressed.

The entrance and reception is huge and high ceiling. The hotel staff welcomes guests with juice and they have foreign staff e.g. japanese girl to accommodate non-english speaking guests.

We are attending a wedding and staying for 2 nights at Mactan Shang. As part of the wedding package, our room is supposedly at a discount and we are paying Php8500/night/room. We chose the one in ocean wing which supposedly with better view. The more basic one is in the garden wing at around Php7500/room/night.

The room is huge with 2 huge beds. The bathroom is good size with bath tub and bath salt. The toiletries are of good quality and I like it. They provide almost everything one could possibly need e.g. toothbrush kit and even provided hair stretchable hair band. The bathroom has speaker to hear what's on TV or radio.

What I like about it and the other 5 star hotel I stayed is that the mirrors don't get foggy after a hot shower in a closed room. They obviously has something installed to make that happen and I appreciate that.

Massive ground and huge pools for adults and for kids with one having slides too. It is near the beach too just a few steps and a bit going down. The beach is man-made tho. The white sand came from Bohol. It's still beautiful tho. There are many fish and I was bitten twice with the second getting a painful bite.

What I like about the service is that they really try to make everything as comfortable. They give towels the minute you sit on one of the chairs near the pool or beach and they even put it on your chair so you are lying on it. You could also ask ice cold water.

The buffet breakfast is served in 2 restaurants and there are a lot in numbers and variety. Different cuisines and many things you could request to be cooked for you e.g. eggs, pasta, etc

There are many guests and when you come a bit late there will be a queue already and can't get in.

There's a bar near the reception and a liv band plays everynight. Good place to chill out and relax while having soem conversation with friends.

For dinner, they set it up along the beach and there are girls who are "fire dancing". pretty cool.

Recommendable for people who enjoys luxury and could afford the cost.

One thing that I don't like tho, no complimentary airport shuttle...its near tho so its ok.
stanleysingle stanleys…
Finest Hotel @ Mactan Oct 07, 2011
I went to mactan one time although i have family in Cebu and been there many time's but not in this place.It was an awesome travel as i meet my traveler friend Earvin with his friends too which is currently traveling in Cebu.

While i am on the beach I'm feeding all those fish playing around me took some pictures which is more exciting.Mactan resorts is great for vacationers friends hang out or with families.

Its kinda private resort which has white sandy beach a great scenery's and perfect place for me.I enjoyed my stay there i enjoyed a lot with there food having breakfast in a wide restaurant and chose whatever you want is fun:)

Shangri La had a nice pool,kids play areas with a good dining lounges & bars.
cutiepiel23 cutiepie…
Experiencing luxury of life Jan 06, 2010
Staying here is one of the unforgettable moment of my life. Comfortable and relaxing, u will really experience the luxury of life
Swimming pool area
garden area
incognita456 incognit…
Cebu's Finest Jul 28, 2008
The good question was: why did I chose this hotel over others?

I was having an indecision between Hilton and Shangrila but judging from my family experience, I made the right choice on this one and I had my reasons:

1)LOCATION- The location is perfect. The hotel has a car service and a shuttle bus at a nominal rate to take you to the resort straight. Since I was arriving with my family, we took the car. We were warmly greeted by Shangrila staff upon arrival. That was a good start.

2)ROOM- The room was just right for us but I think by standard, it was actually bit small for a family. There is a balcony that overlooks the ocean and lush greens all around the area.

3)FACILITIES- They have huge pools, putting green, restaurants that offers chinese, filipino, western and italian dishes. Of course, a spa. Best for my kids of course was the E-zone area where billiard pool, game machines and tables were available. The resort had an adventure quest package for kids for structured games and acitivities which includes lunch.

4)FOOD- One of the best part of holiday is indulging a bit on the food variety. The food was amazing but the drinks served at Buko Bar was even more outstanding. Total thirst-quenchers for those summer days.

5)SERVICE- The staff were polite and courteous, but don't expect smiling faces all the time. Although they were attentive to our needs, it's more in a formal way and not friendly, which for us was fine for as long as the service was kept above standard.

6)BEACH- In the morning, it's tranquility at best. Fine white sand, private beach, crystal clear bluish-green waters. The only living things with high energy level at that early hours were the fishes at feeding time. The resort keeps a marine sanctuary so fish-feeding was encouraged and swimmers were warned to be extra-cautious not to break the corals.

Of course they have all sorts of water sport activities to enjoy (waterskiing, scubadiving, boatriding, kayaring, snorkeling) even paragliding!

Many people (including myself) are complaining that this hotel is expensive (and during peak season, it could be VERY expensive). But we had a great stay and a great summer holiday altogether. So then for me, it was worth it. Highly recommended for travelers with kids especially.
Shangrila's Mactan Resort & Spa