Shangri La Hotel Jakarta

Shangri La Hotel Jakarta Rates and Deals

Shangri La Hotel Jakarta Reviews

tisya27 tisya27
Shangri-La indeed Mar 20, 2012
I've stayed at a few 5 star hotels in my life but the Shangri-La Hotel in Jakarta is one of the best I've had the opportunity to stay at. I was there for 11 days for a meeting and I don't have a single complaint about staff or service.

I had the misfortune of getting sick while there and the hotel clinic was a bit pricey. The staff were very concerned and attentive when they realized I was sick (lost my voice for 3 days) and went out of their way to make everything as convenient as possible for me. It was also my boss' birthday and to her surprise, they sneakily dug for information (had a casual chat while bringing her to her room) and half an hour later, they sent up a bucket of beer with their compliments and she was really touched!

The main restaurant, Satoo, provides an international buffet that can't even be covered in 11 days (breakfast every day and lunch/dinner most days). I gave it 5 stars for value because you pay for 5 star service and you get that and more. Super friendly staff and really good food made me very reluctant to leave at the end :)
Chieds Chieds
Shangri-La Hotel Aug 20, 2011
Shangri-La Hotel Jakarta

March 2011, in office events i stayed there for 4days 3nights. i used standard room in 10th floor. in my room i could see the pool and city views (jakarta).

this hotel had a good facilities. will make you so relax.

The BEST hotel that i ever stayed! :)
my Standard room!
took from my room at 10th floor :)
Chieds says:
thanks for the smile, danik!:)
Posted on: Aug 21, 2011
divadownunder divadown…
Great hotel in Jakarta's CBD Jan 03, 2010
Our stay in Shanri-La consisted of only one night as a lay-over from Lombok before getting on our next flight to HK. As a local I chose this hotel because its one of my favorites in Jakarta. The spa is fabulous and its Satoo buffet restaurant with 12 food stations is simply a gastronomic delight. Everything from Indian, Chinese to traditional Indonesian drink jamu can be had there.

The hotel is located just off the main CBD strip of Jalan Sudirman and Thamrin. Due to its location, the good thing is that its not restricted by the 3-in-1 policy, the bad thing is that you have no access to other public transportation except taxi.

The main entrance is vast with the lobby lounge set at a slightly lower level. The reception is on the righthand side along with the elevators while some shops are located on the left.

Check in was swift with no hassle.

Once we got to our room, we found it to be clean and spacious. The bed is comfortable with cool linens. The room is decorated in Indonesian style with batik and carved wooden headboards.

Amenities were more enough to accommodate our needs including a women's toiletry kit!

For dinner, we dined at BATS, a restaurant and bar which is located 2 levels below lobby. They serve mainly Western style food and portions are quite large. Excellent martinis!
lightmoon says:
I enjoyed @ Shangri-La Hotel so much , the staff was so lovely and helpful , also the health club interesting to visit during your stay.
Posted on: Jan 16, 2012
divadownunder says:
yes! buses are about 15-20 minutes away..motorcycle taxis and bajaj (Jakarta's own pedicab similar to tuktuk) passes in front but you've got to walk a long way from main gates to lobby :(
Posted on: Jan 04, 2010
sylviandavid says:
Wow.... always tough when the only transportation is taxi.... The room sounds great. sylvia
Posted on: Jan 03, 2010

Shangri La Hotel Jakarta Overview

The Shangri La Hotel Jakarta is located in the Sudirman Business District. Within a close proximity are a variety of attractions including the Plaza Senayan and the Mall Artha Gading. There is plenty of shopping and dining to be found in the immediate area. The Shangri La Hotel Jakarta is located about 30 minutes away from the Jakarta International Airport.

The rooms at the Shangri La Hotel Jakarta comprise both suites and standard guestrooms. There are 668 rooms in total. Each room is equipped with a plasma television with cable service. There is an Internet connection available in every room. There are 40 suites available, two of them being Presidential suites.

The Shangri La Hotel Jakarta boasts extensive meeting facilities and conference services. The hotel is situated among its own landscaped gardens. There is a health center onsite which has a sauna, a steam bath and a Jacuzzi for guest use. There is free Internet access available throughout the hotel at no charge.

Shangri La Hotel Amenities

• TV
  • Laundry service
  • Shops
  • Garden
  • Tennis Courts (outdoor)
  • Desk
  • Jacuzzi
  • Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Steam Bath
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower