Shanghai Taxis

Shanghai, China

Shanghai Taxis Reviews

Taxi in Shanghai Mar 15, 2009
Taxi are very hard to get in Shangahi. if taxi weren't hired at the hotel, usually it would take approximately 30 minutes to get one. it is quite scary standing on the street waving them down while try not to get run over by on coming traffic, people, bikes... especially when it is raining
Chokk Chokk
Mar 16, 2007
Usually when you jump into a taxi in a big city you never know where the trip is going to take and especially all the sites you are going to see on the longest way to your destination:-)

Here are the Shanghai taxis something completely different - nice and friendly sometimes doing extreme action to bring you to the destination fast and with the use of their horn constantly. These guys can play music with their horns - just sit down and enjoy. We ended up counting how many time they did it on every trip - I think the record was 13 times on one short trip. The fun par of it is that everybody does it and all day and night:-)

The taxis are cheap - really cheap - the first 3 km is like 1,10€ and then 15 €cent pr. km.

Remember to have the address in Chinese - or find an address/site in The Lonely Planet that is close - they have the addresses in Chinese - its a must.

If you have time read the rules that the driver have to act under in order to be able to ask for a fare. These are so funny:

They cannot litter

They cannot spit

They cannot talk in their own GSM

They cannot play music that is disturbing for the customer.

They cannot ..... it goes on and on.
They are everywhere:-)
The driver is captured in a plasti…
viajeDora32 says:
if U haven't seen a local spit U wouldn't understand why they have that rule. It was so gross! U better run for safety if U see someone about to sneeze in public that's if U don't want to be bombarded with saliva, hahaha!
Posted on: Mar 01, 2013
mosted says:
Yepp its a great thing and for over a year now it keeps its high price, damnit :D
Posted on: May 07, 2012
Chokk says:
I am considering the same ;D
Posted on: May 07, 2012

Related Travel Blogs About Shanghai Taxis

just arrived, wtf is going on
2011/09/06, Tuesday, 2300hr Bloody hell. Can I say that now, since I have floormates who are clearly from the UK? It’s just jargon, right? AWWW YEAHHH. Today was a little messy, to be sure. G…Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station, and some mildly sketchy taxi and/or bus invites from cab-less men, I took a taxi
Peking duck.....are you Peeking duck??
So, after our workout on the wall we got dropped off at our hostel. We had managed to find a hostel that wasnt as expensive as all the others, we bargained them down to half price after Rache…taxi down (not an easy task) and fought our way through traffic, we boarded the train five minutes before it pulled out of the station! Once we arrived in Shanghai
Plane was on time from Taipei to Shanghai and everything went smooth. No problem with some kg’s extra and a smooth check-in. I arrived in Shanghai and figured out that this was my 5th time to Shang…taxi in Shanghai is normally smooth as long as you have the road names written in Chinese, so the first…

Check Shanghai Hotel Deals