Shanghai Restaurant

140 W. VALLEY BLVD. #211, San Gabriel, CA, USA
626.288.0991
Shanghai Restaurant - pork soup dumpling (open)
Shanghai Restaurant - pork soup dumpling
Shanghai Restaurant - fried yellow crocker
Shanghai Restaurant - pork hock
Shanghai Restaurant - pork hock
Shanghai Restaurant - mum using her straw to suck out the soup.
Shanghai Restaurant - mum using her straw to suck out the soup.

Shanghai Restaurant San Gabriel Reviews

mellemel8 mellemel8
AUTHENTIC SHANGHAI FOOD Nov 02, 2008
the first time i was here was 2007. my aunt's friend, kevin took us here for lunch. we are back again and we ordered the same dishes the last time we were here. we let my aunt's friend, kevin order for us. since he is a regular here.

we ordered snow peas with garlic, pork hock, pork soup dumplings (THE BEST ONE HERE), and fried yellow crocker, which is fish and chips.

OMG i love the pork soup dumplings the best. it is so hot when you pierce the top. my mum once said the great Anthony Bourdain took a straw and sucked the soup from it. my family is not shy, we all took a straw and did it. it is very flavorful. it's my favorite.

the pork hock was very tender, moist and fatty. it was served with snow peas. i love the sauce it is mushroom sauce and soy sauce.

the fried yellow crocker was excellent. it was very crispy no need the rock salt. it is similar and better than traditional fish and chips.

it is located in a very busy shopping center across the street from the hilton. i would recommend coming here sunday brunch. the service is fast as well.
pork soup dumpling (open)
pork soup dumpling
fried yellow crocker
pork hock
alicegourmet says:
Love shanghaiese cuisine! Yummmmm.....
Posted on: Nov 02, 2008