Shanghai Noodle House

(03) 9662 9380

Shanghai Noodle House Melbourne Reviews

Katie_Cupcake Katie_Cu…
Best Chinese I've had so far Aug 24, 2012
This little canteen like restaurant is amazing for food, don't be put off by the exterior and interior as I was at first I suppose as the saying goes don't judge a book by it's cover.

The interior reminded my of a primary school canteen / lunch area with uncomfortable chairs and plastic un-matching table cloths if you can even call them that. You go and collect your own knives and forks or chopsticks as I prefer, your own napkins and also a cup and you take in your own wine and pay corkage of $2 a person (worth doing for a cheap bottle of wine :) ). Anyway the food is presented on bright coloured card stuck to the wall and they serve such a variety of food there's something for everyone. Of course they have menu's too though. You order your food and it starts to come out very quickly all made to order the food is delicious every time and the prices are cheap in Melbourne standards roughly on average $5 a dish so if there's a few of you sharing this is great.

This place gets really, really busy and sometimes there a bit like get you in feed you get you out but that's like every where in the city to be honest and we sat there for about an hour or so. I'd recommend trying something you haven't eaten before at this place because all the food is could. I especially liked the vegetarian dumplings and also the greens in oyster sauce most people will be probably thinking that's a bit bland but they were cooked perfectly.

Great for a cheap meal out. Don't miss out

Check Melbourne Hotel Deals