Shangarila Restaurant

Silom, Bangkok, Thailand

Shangarila Restaurant Bangkok Reviews

aelder2259 aelder22…
A little expensive, but very good. Apr 12, 2009
I found the Shangarila Restaurant as I was walking along Silom Road looking for a place to have lunch. I was seated promptly and attentive staff served me hot jasmine tea. I ordered a small bowl of bird nest soup with crab meat that was really hot, but delicious once it cooled down a bit. I had ordered sea bass, but they didn't have any today. I asked for a recommendation of a fish dish. I was served a white fish (I though grouper) with celery that was very light and tasty...exactly what I was hoping for. While I was waiting for the fish, though, I was asked if I wanted some dim sum. The dish was a wide noodle wrapped around shrimp. It was also very good. I only wish I had known they served dim sum because I would have made my entire meal on those small dishes. I didn't order it, but they also serve suckling pig...which my husband would have ordered if he had been with me. My total meal cost me around $27 U.S., which is a bit more than I usually pay for lunch.

I recommend this restaurant to anyone that enjoys Chinese food and isn't too concerned with the price.

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals