Shang Thai

The Wave Muscat, Muscat, Oman

Shang Thai Muscat Reviews

Contemporary Thai Restaurant Dec 20, 2011
Arrived 2 days ago to Muscat, was beautiful sunny day followed by very pleasant evening as one can expect from Oman.

Friend and me decided to explore the most talked about new development in Muscat - The Wave Muscat, which consists of town houses, apartments, etc built on the sea shore with panoramic view and beautiful beach stretch.

Well drove in and noticed the new "Shang Thai" is opened there already and couldn't hold back my cravings for Thai Food, and it was truly delightful dinner we had there, I have always eaten at Shang Thai before at the old branch at Al Khuwair and their food is always been so delicious and authentic.

This new restaurant is beautifully designed with the open kitchen concept, booths for those would like to be more cozy and most especially the terrace seating at the front is just "WOW" I can imagine the view will be breathtaking once the hoardings from the other side are taken off.

Shang Thai is got better every time I have eaten there so let it be there new locations, restaurants, service, food.

One thing I didn't like there that all the servers were male staff, though they were very good at their job but unlike their Khuwair branch where they had some of best waitresses in Muscat at least. I hope the Management changes this soon and realizes that women can add so much.

Food was "AWESOME" I was confirmed that all the kitchen staff are from Thailand, my all time favorite "Tom Yam Koong", "Phad Thai" was delicious and tried new dish "Steamed Fish with Soya Sauce" which was full of flavors and very delicious, good portion size and I felt the pricing is quite reasonable too against what we pay in Dubai for such a place.OR 21 with juices and water for 2 of us.

I am glad that they are opening soon Shang Thai in Dubai as well, so I can dine in there more often and hope they will extend me discount (joke)
Terrace Seating