Shamrock Seafood Restaurant

Shamrock Seafood Restaurant - congee

Shamrock Seafood Restaurant Kowloon Reviews

Lotus28 Lotus28
Shamrock is always there Jan 23, 2012
On the Chinese New Years day morning, I was trying to find some congee or dimsum to make me feel amused.

Most restaurants were closed but this seafood restaurant was open and it was busy with local families celebrating CNY.

When I entered, they took me for a small seat on the corner and I could feel very relaxed even I was alone.

It's a seafood restaurants but like many seafood restaurant in HK and Guangdong Province, they served dimsum (so called "飲茶" Yamcha in Cantonese) during some particular time of the day.

It was very easy to order because there was some paper and pencil to tick your favorite menu to order.

They had several kinds of tea to choose from (as far as I could understood, they had tieguangyin, Puer, Shuixian and I ordered Shuixian for myself.)

The price of dimsum varied, it was from something like HK$10 up to HK$70. I ordered Shrimp steamed dumpling (HK$12), pork congee (HK$60), steamed pork rib (HK$25) and got 20% discount of total amount because I entered before 11am.

Taste of dimsum was basically good, but I personally didn't like shrimp dumplings as much as the shrimp wonton in Makmankee, it should have been even better with a bit more aroma of sesame seed oil.

Congee was great and I really liked pork rib flavored with garlic.

Service itself was quite simple. I bet you shouldn't expect too much but they would do everything alright.

There may be better restaurants but it was reasonably good enough. It may be a good choice for dimsum if you are staying near this area.
congee
roasted duck on wagon
dumplings
steamed rib

Compare Causeway Bay Hotel Rates (4km away)

Shamrock Seafood Restaurant Map