Shamrock Bar

+66 (0)2 282 4366

Shamrock Bar Bangkok Reviews

sherrybaby86 sherryba…
Loud Music, Scams, Shisha and Drinks! Oct 02, 2011
Shamrock Bar is open 24hrs a day, and one of the more popular bars for Thai people on the popular backpacker stretch of Khao San Rd, yet also very popular with tourists.

It is an Irish themed bar, with local bands playing every night - but no dancefloor. They also charge 100 baht entry on weekends, but this also gives you a free drink. There are two good sized pool tables at the back also. They serve food downstairs, and most of the meals I have tried were quite good, and very cheap (about 100-150baht). Surroundings are nice, and they have shisha also for 250baht. You can also sit inside or outside, but if you sit outside, they might ask you to move the tables when the police come through, but also good for people watching.

I have been to this bar on numerous occassions, and never really leave happy. The first time I came here, I had my wallet stolen from a suspected labyboy who, when I asked her if she had seen anyone behind my chair, without even mentioning the incident, replied 'You should be more careful with your belongings'. Several female bar staff were sitting with her, and could do nothing but smirk and laugh.

I only returned after this first occassion as a favour to my friend to listen to a live band. On this particular occassion the music was so loud, I found myself yelling in her ear just to talk to her. I will admit, the later times I have come here with friends, I have had fun, but almost every time without fail, they are slow at giving change or give the wrong amount, or they just don't bring it back. Friends have also been overcharged for drinks.

As with everywhere you travel - be aware of your belongings, and if you don't like it, go somewhere else, but if you're in the area, why not check it out.
@ shamrock