Shambara Boutique Hostel

02 282 7968
Shambara Boutique Hostel - walking in
Shambara Boutique Hostel - restaurant/relax patio
Shambara Boutique Hostel - restaurant/relax patio
Shambara Boutique Hostel - Two toilet and two bathrooms with hot shower but only one washing basin.
Shambara Boutique Hostel - The living room with a tv
Shambara Boutique Hostel - The double AC room
Shambara Boutique Hostel - So little space

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals

Shambara Boutique Hostel Bangkok Reviews

dr_sarah_g dr_sarah…
Exceptional hostel and service Mar 16, 2011
I have stayed at this hostel now 3 separate times and have so many positive things to say about it. First I would start by saying that it is conveniently placed in an alley off of Khao San Road, which leaves it close to convenience, but provides peace and quiet (I have stayed on Khao San Road before and did not get a wink of sleep!).

The staff really goes above and beyond to accommodate. The first time I was there I was traveling alone and the staff made a lot of good recommendations of places to go and avoid. On my last trip they allowed me to leave my bags for a trip to Vietnam so that i wouldn't be weighed down. They also offered cooking lessons from the restaurant they have there (food is good too, btw).

The rooms have a nice ambiance and they whole place has a very wooded feel. Check it out, it's my favorite hostel in Bangkok!
walking in
restaurant/relax patio
melissawong melissaw…
Disappointed but quiet location at KSR Nov 07, 2009
A boutique guesthouse at a quiet location in Khao San Road. It's a two-storey boutique house. The garden is nice as seen in the website. Occasionally there's smell of cat poo. Breakfast consisting of two pieces of toast with jam and butter and tea/coffee is included. The staffs are helpful and you can ask for hot water from the kitchen. The guestrooms are located on second floor. There's a stair to go up there from the garden. The door is locked at night. The living room and guestrooms are a bit run down compared to the photos on the website.

I'm truly disappointed when I first saw the double room. It's so small and so little space for our luggage. There's no place to hang our clothes except a small bamboo stair. The blanket is as thin as the bed sheet in the AC room. We were shivering the first night because the air con cannot be switched off. The remote control is kaputt! For the next 3 nights, we need to get the staff to help us to off the air con.

Although the guesthouse is located at the quiet alley, it doesn’t mean that it’s safe. On the 3rd day morning, one guest’s wallet and credit card were stolen when she went to the bathroom. The thief, an old lady in t-shirt and shorts went into each room. Fortunately I was awake when she enter my room. She asked me when I check out and left. I wasn’t aware that she’s not a staff at that time.

Despite all that, I will still recommend this hotel IF

-you want to stay at a quiet location in Khao San Road. Never forget to lock your room even if you just need to go to toilet. The security probably has improved.

-The garden is nice. I enjoy eating breakfast in the garden.

-The staffs are nice and helpful.
The double AC room
So little space
The living room with a tv
Two toilet and two bathrooms with …

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals