Austurstraeti 4, Reykjavik, Iceland - +354 551 0292
Shalimar - Tasty, not to spicy
Shalimar - nice sauce!
Shalimar - Delicious desert
Shalimar - Menu for two, 4200 IKR PP (25 Eu)
Shalimar - View
Shalimar - Soft drink

Shalimar Reykjavik Reviews

huibdos huibdos
Great Punjab food makes you warm in cold Reykjavik May 21, 2011
Nice restaurant, visited by locals and tourists.

Good choice of food, good presentation, good price.

Food is very tasty.

Service very good, personnel is friendly.

We took the biggest menu and were surprised by the different taste of the dishes.

Good pick!
Menu for two, 4200 IKR PP (25 Eu)
Soft drink
nice sauce!
sarahelaine sarahela…
Shalimar Dec 31, 2009
Shalimar is the best curry house I have been to in years. I literally can’t remember eating better curry, anywhere. Not event the curry I had in the sunshine at the Mela.

It doesn’t look particularly exciting, with a slightly open kitchen and a Perspex counter in the downstairs. The only reason we went in was because it was New Year’s Eve, we were just off the plane, and we wanted comfort food (we’re Brits – curry is comfort food!). There were no seats left downstairs but luckily we realised there was more space upstairs, where there were small tables with nice decorations.

We had prawn pakora, two kinds of fish curry, naan and beer. The waitress recommended the beer as the best bottled beer in Iceland, and gave us some advice about what we should drink on draft when we went to a bar. Everyone was very friendly and the service was excellent. The portion sizes were just right and the food tasted incredible. Very fresh ingredients, perfectly spiced, and the fish managed not to be overwhelmed by the sauce. I can actually go on at length about just how good the pakora were.

I can’t remember what it cost, but it was one of the cheaper meals we had on our trip. If I ever find my self back in Iceland I will definitely return, even if going for a curry in Iceland is a little on the random side.

You probably couldn’t get up the stairs on crutches or with a baby, but you’d be fine downstairs.

Check Reykjavik Hotel Deals