Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill

3501 Lexington Road, Harrodsburg, KY, USA

Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill Harrodsburg Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
A nice, haunting and beautiful place to go May 04, 2009
I had a free day before the conferences started in Lexington and I didn't know where to go. I looked in the book that I had in my hotel room and found this place, the "Shaker village of Pleasant Hill". I had no clue what was it about, but the name sounded attractive enough for a culture-searching guy like me.

I read the description and very quickly decided to give it a try. It was a newly restored village of a now almost extinct sect called the "shakers" who were famous for their soundful praise services and their strict practice of celibacy. Not haunting enough? They also offered guided tours and live demos of things like sheep shearing. The other live demo that I loved was the shaker music. A lady sang some of the songs that the shakers used to sing... it was beautiful chanting. Almost ghostly. I had the song on my mind all that long... u can check my video about it in my blog...

You could also have lunch in their restaurant and sleep for a night in their specially dedicated original-style bedrooms.

The place was all green and beautiful, you could truly clear your mind and enjoy the quietness of the country landscapes.

In summary, a great choice if you like outdoor activities and enjoy the country life of the mid west.
montecarlostar says:
Thank you! :D
Posted on: May 30, 2009
world-traveller123 says:
Good job!
Posted on: May 30, 2009
montecarlostar says:
It certainly was! Haunting and otherwordly but very fun... and the day was so beautiful!
Posted on: May 18, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill

Shaker's Village on Pleasant Hill
This day i went visiting an abandoned (and now converted into museum) village that belonged to a christian sect called "The shakers". They are a derivation from the "quakers" with the difference that… This day i went visiting an abandoned (and now converted into museum) village that belonged to a christian sect called…

Check Harrodsburg Hotel Deals