Trikora Beach, Trikora, Indonesia
Shady Shack Trikora Reviews
Back to Basics Jun 20, 2013
If you are looking for a short weekend getaway from Singapore, take a ferry down to Tanjung Pinang and stay in Shady Shack to enjoy a bit of nature and back to basics life.
Just 2 hours by ferry and another hour to the beach, you could enjoy great views along the way.
1) The shacks are unique, purely build up with just woods and nails and are right on the beach.
2) Toilets are clean, though there is no warm shower.
3) Restaurant are available 24 hours and cold beers are always ready for you but they are mostly charged in SGD/USD and 30% government taxes.
4) Staff are very friendly and helpful.
5) Sea water are very clear and shallow, good for snorkelling.
1) Mozzies and flies are everywhere but if you get ready some insect-repellant like I did, its all good.
If you want to go around the village during the day, you can always rent a bike and mix with the locals just like I did. There is no TV in the room but there is a fan and sockets to charge your phone.
In overall i really enjoyed my 2 nights stay and if you are there on Saturday night, do expect bon-fires lighted up near your shacks and there will be some locals boys playing some musics for you!
I can see myself coming back very soon! Enjoy your stay!
1 / 1 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!