Shaanxi History Museum

www.sxhm.com - 029-8525 4727

Shaanxi History Museum Xi'an Reviews

vickie-lou vickie-l…
Free Journey Into Shaanxi Province History Nov 24, 2012
I wasn't sure what to expect when I turned up here but I found it to be a fascinating museum. Getting the ticket to go in was a bit of a fiasco as the ticket officer didn't like me being western and all of the Chinese people behind me were crushing me against the ticket box trying to get around me/push me out of the way. I lost my temper and bowled a few of them over getting out of there so be prepared for that! Inside is a different story. It has a very peaceful air and it is clearly mapped out in Chinese and English. There are three main galleries detailing the Qin, Han and Tang dynasties. Xi'an was the capital for a very long time and is on a par with Rome and Athens in the history books. It is also the gateway to the Silk Road, creating some fascinating history. This is a must-see for people visitng Xi'an on a budget and highly recommended for everyone who has a spare couple of hours on their hands!
westwind57 says:
I have been there some 7 years ago, and I found the information quite good, as well as how you are routed through the history. Also the diversity of objects. For example I never knew that the Tang people already knew how to galvanize metals (there is a galvanized sword in one of the displays). And it is fascinating to see the changes between higher (especially Qin and Tang) and lower levels of artisticness through the times. Totally agree: it is a must-see museum :)
Posted on: Nov 27, 2012