Sevilla of Long Beach

Sevilla of Long Beach - My buddy and fellow chick-mag Charlie

Sevilla of Long Beach Reviews

gr8guy gr8guy
Sevilla of Long Beach Aug 10, 2009
Since 1987, Cafe Sevilla has become a fixture of the downtown Long Beach California night scene. Opened by Spanish-born Rogelio and colleague Janet Hudson, the duo of restauranteurs came up with the concept while enjoying tapas with friends that shared the same desire for authentic Spanish and Mediterranean styled food and the musical nightlife that often accompanies it.

Although I did not personally see the famed authentic Flamenco show, I did enjoy the gypsy musicians trio, so much so that I could not stay in my seat. Literally the ENTIRE restaurant got up and danced late into the morning hours with the sound of dueling guitars and stomping high heels. As you dine on the many delicious items on their very authentic menu, you will certainly enjoy live Rhumba and Flamenco guitarists and drinks, this is guaranteed.

From Spanish Empanadas that are a Sevilla favorite to recent additions of Vegetarian dishes, I am 100% confident you will find something that will just curl your toes with delight. I personally had a selection of Spanish sausages, imported Jamon Iberico, Ceviche and Sevilla fried Calamari. I would have taken photos had it not been so dark in there but hey, that's the way I like it sometimes. If you are in southern California near Long Beach, I highly recommend this restaurant for a fusion taste of authentic Spain.
Outside Sevilla
Dancing with the band
Upstairs in the dance club
The acoustic band downstairs in th…
gr8guy says:
Awh well see, you just needed the right guide! :-)
Posted on: Apr 14, 2010
Quest says:
cool.. looking forward to it :o)
Posted on: Aug 02, 2009
gr8guy says:
It was really fun, my first but certainly not my last visit. I'll make sure to take you there on your visit!!
Posted on: Aug 02, 2009