Seventh Hill Pizza

327 7th st, Washington, DC, USA

Seventh Hill Pizza Washington Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Good pizza from a NY critic Aug 06, 2011
Being from New York, I am VERY particular about pizza outside of the city and I give this place two thumbs up. I was invited here by some friends of mine and was not expecting anything super-great out of this experience, but am glad I went.

The indoor area is small, but there are about 6 tables outside and when it gets crowded, they add a few more tables on the sidewalk. I ordered an 8" Eastern Market without the tapenade and it was much better than I expected it to be and I ate the entire pie.

It's fire baked pizza and even the oven was a lovely site to see when you walked in. This place raves about using fresh ingredients and I really liked the mushrooms on my pizza. You can enjoy a beer or a glass of wine with your pizza. You can eat it there or take it to go, but my vote is to do the former and just sit and watch the Eastern Market crowd stroll back and forth.

I am sure you will enjoy your meal, whether you're local or a visitor to the area. It's metro accessible or metered parking might be findable within a block or 2 to walk. Enjoy!
HuBison says:
I dunno-I have to write my review on Two Amy's and although I enjoyed Seventh Hill, I'm gonna hafta say Two Amy's was better.
alexindc says:
Hey! You were in my neighborhood! I ate there Friday night. Best pizza in the city in my opinion.
HuBison says:
Aww-how sweet. I just need one forum and TravBuddy is it. THANKS!
alexindc alexindc
Best wood-fired pizza in the city Mar 29, 2011
7th Hill has the best pizza in the city. Yes, I am being that bold. It's not just the friendly atmosphere; it's not just the entertaining pizza tossing from head chef Anthony Pilla, who seems to relish in the attention (especially from the ladies); it's the excellent menu combinations that make this place tops. Sure, you can go all the way out to Cathedral Heights and wait 45 minutes to get a table at Two Amy's just like everyone else; you could also go across Pennsylvania Avenue and wait an hour or more to get a table at Matchbox; and yeah, those would be good too; but just not quite as good as 7th Hill, and you rarely have to wait.

My go-to is the SW Waterfront pizza, with tomato, mozzarella anchovies, olives and oregano. However, they always seem to have some unique combo on special, featuring ingredients such as truffle oil, lemon oil, duck prosciutti and more.

So next time you're in DC and in the mood for some wood fired pizza, come on out to Capitol Hill and check this place out. You may even spot me at the counter chowing down on another SW Waterfront, which I would describe only as an explosion of awesomness in every bite.
Posted on: Aug 09, 2011
HuBison says:
Hey, I just realized you have a review on this place...we spelled it differently. I wonder if Erica can combine the 2 reviews?
Posted on: Aug 08, 2011
HuBison says:
I'm putting it on my list!
Posted on: Mar 30, 2011