Seven Seeds

Seven Seeds - Middle Eastern baked eggs

Seven Seeds Melbourne Reviews

sabksl sabksl
Delicious and craving for more Mar 25, 2013
Off the main streets, close to the university, this not so small gem of a place serves up heady delicious coffee and more creative brekky/lunch options that leave a pop and zing.

A good twenty minutes walk from the apartment, we were keeping our fingers crossed that the cafe would deliver. Starving and thirsty, we were lucky enough to secure the last few seats before the coffee rush started.

We opted for the Middle Eastern baked eggs in rich tomato sauce, w feta, black beans, dukkah, & mint served with toasted baguette ($16) and the Jalapeño french toast w grilled chorizo, chilli, coriander,& sour cream ($17).

Food came quickly. The baked eggs were satisfying. I liked the addition of the peanuts, gave it an extra crunch and texture. The Jalapeno & chorizo combo definitely gave the dish an extra zing that lingered on the palate. Spicy. Sour cream gives a nice reprieve but I still keep spooning more into my mouth...addictive heat.

Coffee is to my liking. Full and creamy, subtle.

I will definitely come back again and again despite the crowd and the queue... a good shot of caffeine, a warm tummy, a happy smile...
Flat White