Seven Seas Diving

Gili Air, Indonesia

Seven Seas Diving Gili Air Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Seven Seas Diving Mar 12, 2012
I chose to learn to dive with Seven Seas almost at random – they were the only diving company where no one shouted hey-baby stuff at me when I walked past. It turned out to be a very good decision.

Seven Seas have a dive shop and pool down near the ferry jetty on Gili Air. As it happened I had my trial dive in low season, so there was only me and Nik, my instructor. As this was my first ever dive I have no reference for comparison, but to my untrained eye the equipment all looked very new and well maintained. Nik was great, very patient, and I felt like I got the hang of the basics quickly.

I then went straight out to see some fish. The practice dive was at the north end of the island, and it was magical. I saw all sorts of fish – puffers and groupers, angel fish and soft corals, parrot fish and lion fish and an eel. Having been very worried about the whole thing, I absolutely loved diving. I did hurt my ear a little bit, because I didn’t completely understand about equalising, but I suspect that was my inexperience and nothing to do with the quality of the diving.

Diving in the Gilis is fixed price – all the companies charge the same for a practice dive and they are all signed up to standards of conduct for environmental protection.

If I went back to the Gilis I would be happy to use them again.

Compare Gili Meno Hotel Rates (2.1km away)

Gili Air