Sesser Custard Stand

(618) 993-3304

Sesser Custard Stand Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Middle of Nowhere Custard Stand Sep 10, 2010
Sesser is podunkville, Illinois, off the interstate with only local highways running through, it is not a travel destination. However, apparently the Sesser Custard Stand is legendary, serving homemade vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry custards along with various concoctions with these such as concretes (Oreo, Butterfinger, Snickers, etc, similar to the Dairy Queen blizzard), and another DQ knockoff, the Peanut Buster Parfait. I got a straight-up vanilla custard cone. To be quite honest, I don’t know what the hype is all about. Even though it had a good flavor, the ice cream was a little grainy, which I don’t like at all.

Funnily enough, even though I had never eaten at the Sesser Custard Stand, I stopped there two nights in a row with friends. The second night, I tried the recommended birthday cake ice cream, which I was severely disappointed in – it was ice cream they had bought that anyone could get. I wish I’d known that ahead of time.

In addition to the custard and ice cream, they have a menu of hamburgers and hot dogs and barbecue. There is no drive thru or indoor seating. It is simply walk-up service with a few picnic tables outside.
vanilla custard cone