Serrano Hotel - A Kimpton Hotel

Serrano Hotel - A Kimpton Hotel Rates and Deals

Serrano Hotel - A Kimpton Hotel San Francisco Reviews

mirimaya mirimaya
Affordable hotel near Union Square Jun 19, 2011
I book a 3 night stay here for New Years 2011. Considering the trip was planned less than a month before, the rate was very good. The location is great because it is near union square and BART station. They offer a complimentary wine hour at the restaurant in the hotel (this restaurant has GREAT food and beverage happy hour specials as well). There are tons of board games available to check out at the front desk, which makes it very convenient for those traveling with kids. I really liked the hotel and it is of great value for the location and perks.
aelder2259 aelder22…
Luxury and Comfort Apr 11, 2009
San Francisco is expensive and this was one of the cheaper hotels I found when I had to travel there on business. $189/night isn't exactly cheap, but considering the costs of other hotels, it had to do. For the money, it was quite nice. My room looked like I had stepped into European elegance. I almost hated to leave my room to go to meetings the next day.

I didn't eat in the hotel's restaurant, so I can't comment on it.

I would consider staying here again the next time I travel to San Francisco.
gwizzle17 gwizzle17
Relaxed, upscale-ish hotel Jul 08, 2008
We got this hotel in a last-minute package, so I'm pretty positive we paid much less than it's typical going rate. However, I was a little in love with it. The facade of the building is quite unassuming, but once you step inside, you can feel the understated luxury. The lobby looks very Moroccan/Bombay-esque, and was a lovely place as a meet-up.

The Serrano is one of the many Kimpton Hotels in the San Francisco area, with each hotel having a different theme. The theme of the Serrano is "Fun and Games," which provided for a check-in game of Black Jack for the gift of the day and the ability to check out over 100 different board games to play either in your room or at one of the many tables in the lobby.

A different aspect of "fun" was the Wine Hour from 5:00-6:00pm every night, where guests could go enjoy glasses wine of the month (in our case, California's Little Black Dress) for free. I believe they offered beer as well, but since we were in California we opted for the wine. =)

As for the room, the beds were no less than amazing. My only complaint about the beds was that the full seemed to be much smaller than a typical full, but it wasn't uncomfortably so. Mini-bar was fully stocked, although expensive. I don't really know that it's important to people, but the toiletries(i.e. shampoo, conditioner, face bar, etc) all smelled amazing. Our view wasn't the greatest, but a fellow guests said his was amazing (he preferred this hotel to the Westin).

Overall, the hotel was great- friendly, helpful staff, good location (only a couple blocks from BART Powell Station, and a few more blocks from Chinatown), and wonderful beds. Highly recommend! =)
The view from the outside. Like I…

Serrano Hotel - A Kimpton Hotel Overview

The Serrano San Francisco is within walking distance of Union Square, Coit Tower, the Theater District, the Moscone Convention Center, and more. Guests will be able to visit other areas of the city easily as well, including the Financial District, Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown, and more. Guests at the Hotel Serrano San Francisco are within a short drive of the San Francisco International Airport and the Oakland airport. Many attractions are within walking distance, and visitors will be able to take the cable cars, taxis, and buses to other areas of the city.

A few of the amenities found in the 236 rooms at the Serrano San Francisco Ca include flat screen televisions, high-speed Internet access, bathrobes, Moroccan d├ęcor, and cherry wood furnishings.

Guests staying at the Serrano Hotel San Francisco will find that the 17-story Spanish Revival hotel offers valet parking, laundry service, and wine receptions in the evening, as well as a fitness center, steam room, and massage room. The hotel also offers an onsite restaurant called Ponzu and complimentary coffee and tea in the morning.

Serrano Hotel - A Kimpton Hotel Amenities

• Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes