Seredipity 3

New York, New York
Seredipity 3 - I like this picture.
Seredipity 3 - enjoying our frozen hot chocolates...the dessert Oprah made famous
Seredipity 3 - we got a little giggly at Seredipity

Seredipity 3 New York Reviews

Tessagirl23 Tessagir…
Jan 19, 2008
I didn't even know about this place till my best friend and I went to New York. She had been raving about it because it was in the movie, Serendipity. I didn't even remember that part in the movie. I remember ordering real food which was lunch. It was alright. I mean it wasn't like a Morton's steak but I was hungry at the time so I finished most of it. My best friend had dessert. She forgot to tell me that this place, other then the movie, is known for the dessert. I vaguely remember what she ordered but I think it was a chocolate something. She told me it was known for that. I tried it and it was actually really good. Anything chocolate is good. I have to hand it to them though. The place had a vintage feel to it if you know what I mean. I really liked the classic decor. Prior to entering the place, there was a little store where you can buy little trinkets and shirts with the store's logo. Food and the stuff in the store is a little pricey. Luckily my best friend and I got there before it got crowded. If you do plan to go there make sure you have time. We saw people lining up as we were leaving. Parking is not so great. You would have to look for street parking and good luck with that in New York. The best way to get there is either via subway or bus.
I like this picture.
Tessagirl23 says:
When I go back and visit my cousin I'll make sure to go here. :)
Posted on: Jan 21, 2008
RacquelT127 says:
i love Serendipity III hehe.. frozzzzzzen hot chocolate was the bestest
Posted on: Jan 21, 2008
teagirl79 teagirl79
May 24, 2006
Seredipity 3 is an eclectic restaurant/tearoom/cafe on the Upper East side in New York City.

We went because Oprah had made famous their Frozen Hot Chocolate drink a couple of years ago. Also, the restaurant was in the movie, Seredipity. And, being the chocoholic I am, I was excited.

Well, we arrived to find a wait, which was fine, but the front host service was TERRIBLE! THey were rude and indifferent as to wether we stayed or went! They seemingly sized our group up and snobbily remarked that there is a per person minimum.

Well, in spite of being treated so rudely at first, the wait staff was at least nice enough and the Frozen Hot Chocolate was indeed amazing! It is enough to share with a couple of people. (although I'm sure I can handle my own just fine!)

I LOVE the interior...all Tiffany lamps, Art it! Always some nook to look in and discover a trinket on display. Definately girly too! The upstairs is decorated kind of high French style. Pretty murals too!

Bottom line: I think Seredipity 3 is good, they have a great dessert that can't be duplicated, but they've gotton a little "too big for their britches", as my mother would've said! They need to learn the art of great customer service: treating everyone as though they were Oprah and deserve the best service they can give!
enjoying our frozen hot chocolates…
we got a little giggly at Seredipi…
pinchora says:
ohhh... I always wanted to go there too.. my friend who lives there refused to go with me so I ventured past there June 2006 to go by myself... but I had the same issue with the front door host and left to get a makeover at macy's... but thanx for the blog... maybe I'll make it there sometime! =)
Posted on: Sep 05, 2007