Seniors Fish Bar and Restaurant

Marsh Mill, Thornton-Cleveleys, United Kingdom

Seniors Fish Bar and Restaurant Thornton-Cleveleys Reviews

Real_PeaceWarrior Real_Pea…
Great choice and even some wine with your fish and chips! Sep 18, 2008
There are three branches of Seniors on the Fylde Coast, the original is at Normoss but the recipe for success has been repeated twice, once at Thornton-Cleveleys and again at Knott End. I used to make a detour to the Normoss branch regularly after watching the mighty Seasiders play on a Saturday.

They opened this branch at The Marsh Mill just before I moved up to Wilmslow ................ typical, along with a cinema too. Everything I could ever have wanted in my hometown and then I had to move, well apart from a marina, airport, whole mountain range all the normal things you need!

Anyway onto Seniors, as I mentioned in the journal entry it has been the winning chip shop in the North-West Chip Shop of the Year the last couple of years and runner-up in the National competition too, which is a pretty high accolade to have in the country which is the birthplace of the fish and chip shop, and probably has more than any other country.

It would be unfair to merely describe Seniors as a posh chippy, it classes itself as a fish restaurant and to be fair this does it more justice. The choice of fish available is outstanding, with everybodys favourites cod and haddock available along with more exotic varieties such as South African butterfish, halibut, monkfish, john dory, sole and sustainable choices like pollack and torbay sole.

I once would have complained the chips needed a little more frying, in vegetable oil of course, but it is possible to request to have them a little more done, so perfection as far as I am concerned. There are of course a selection of pies such as steak and kidney, meat and potato and cheese and onion. The usual choice of side orders are available such as mushy peas, bread and butter and sauces to accompany your chosen fish and you can look forward to an especially great fish and chip supper.

There are decent options for a drink with which to enjoy your meal, red and white wine, nothing special but acceptable, a few bottled beers, the usual suspects in the form of soft drinks, milkshakes, tea and a not very good coffee but at least the effort is there.

Apart from the poor coffee, my only complaint is on behalf of our vegetarian friends. Those who still wish to dine out with us even when we are selfish enough to take them to a fish restaurant, it is a bit sad when they only have a cheese and onion pie to choose.

That said. it is a fish bar and restaurant and I have enjoyed every single meal I have had there, prices which maybe expensive for a chip shop are very cheap for a decent meal out and therefore excellent value.

If you're ever on the Fylde Coast, drop into any one of the Seniors Restaurants I am absolutely convinced you will come away impressed.
Catalogue pic
Real_PeaceWarrior says:
can recommend the John Dory or Butterfly fish, but to be honest you can't really go wrong with any of the fish choices. Ummm I'm beginning to sound either like a nerd or I'm on commission, so I'll shut up!
yadilitta says:
sounds great to me :) So I'd be ready for the famous dinner ;)
Real_PeaceWarrior says:
Cool, maybe we can arrange a Seniors Fish Restaurant meet up, that'd be a first :D
Posted on: Jan 31, 2009

Compare Blackpool Hotel Rates (6.7km away)

Thornton-Cleveleys Map