Lombok, Indonesia

Sendang Gile Waterfall Lombok Reviews

yuness yuness
” A nice waterfall but expensive” May 01, 2013
Sendang Gile Waterfall is located in the forest village of Senaru, Bayan District of North Lombok. The way to the waterfall takes up to three hours. The Route we took, took us passed Senggigi Beach. There is no public transportation that goes directly to this place. So, you must hire your own car at the rental tariff of IDR 450,000 a day.

Along the way to the waterfalls, you will be presented with the exotic sight of Pusuk Green Mountain, with large trees, piercing the cold mountain dew and the beautiful panoramic breathtaking mountain peaks.

Located at an altitude of 600 meters and at a height of approximately 31 meters, making the atmosphere around the falls cool/warm and with plenty of water around there is folage of many pristine green colours.

On arriving at the entrance of the village Senaru, we parked up the car in a parking area by the tourist office for the waterfall. We were greeted by the least unofficial looking tourist personnel, we were taken in to the office and shown what guided trips they had to offer us. There are 3 waterfalls in walking distance, only 2 of which were offered to us...as the official through the 3rd would likely be out of our range. There were no price list visible in the actual office but after a talk from him about safety he went into a back room and produced a tatty list price. Prices were to a tourist are slightly on the high side but most annoying was the fact that there was no discount offered to Indonesian nationals, which I am and have never witnessed anything like this before. We would have to pay a ticket price of IDR 175,000 per person to visit two waterfalls namely Sendang Gile waterfall and Tiu Kelep waterfall this included: a Guide that spoke your language and snacks of a Packet of Biscuits, fruit (Bananas) and 2 small bottles of mineral water these you can buy for no more than IDR 20,000... locally, So So expensive!! Also a Typical price for a Guide would be 50,000- 60,000 and less for Nationals.

I argued about why should I have to pay...IDR 175,000 per person for western tourist ...he said... I must pay the same as western price because I’m in a group with my boyfriend even just me and him only in the group. ... I still argue, because I got the information for Local people just pay IDR 5,000 and IDR 10,000 for tourist also for local guide IDR 60,000 .. this is a CRIMINAL price at the tourist ticket office in Senaru Gate entrance.

I said with the man in the tourist ticket office, how come? its too expensive just to see waterfall???? Because this is a natural .. I said, in Rinca Island also natural but not too expensive like this .. he said "I've never been in Rinca island" he said. And I said "Once you must go there!! so you know the price for entrance .. even Borobudur Temple (UNESCO Heritage) in Java for tourist pay only U.S. $ 20 this I made as a comparison to his prices.

It is beyond reason to want to walk down 315 stairs in less than 20 minutes. But with the increasing sound of the waterfall and the beauty of the suroundings my senses start getting presented a stunning natural scenic waterfall.

The natural beauty is entertaining me, but within myself I am still upset with the tourist ticket office where our driver took us to buy a ticket that is beyond reasonable just to see the beauty of Sendang Gile waterfall.

In my mind .. this is the first and the last visit to Sendang Gile waterfall and Tiu Kelep waterfall .. no more .. so for tourist to be getting here must know it first about these prices and to make up your own minds...Like my Boyfriend did, because said well I’m here after a 3 hour journey, he wanted see the falls so paid the price.

Your tour to Lombok would not be complete without coming here and seeing such stunning scenery and awesome waterfalls.

And to continue from Sendang Gile Waterfall to Tiu Kelep waterfall will lift both of our Spirits as a little adventure is about to begin.
lina_jkt says:
Congrats Yuyun!
vulindlela says:
Congrats!
missandrea81 says:
Congrats on your feature!

Check Lombok Hotel Deals