Senator Inn & Spa

Senator Inn & Spa Rates and Deals

Senator Inn & Spa Augusta Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great place and a fabulous restaurant Oct 08, 2014
I had the good fortune of picking the Senator Inn & Spa for my second night of this trip. I had been driving around all day and I had really enjoyed my drive in the beautiful landscape but as it was getting late I was looking for a place to stay. It was almost dark and I headed straight into Augusta. I drove by some hotels on the road into the city center before deciding to return to the one I saw first.

The Senator Inn & Spa was pretty busy but I managed to get a room. I asked when their kitchen closed and to my surprise they already closed in 30 min, as they closed at 9 pm. I hurried to check into my room just dropping stuff of and heading to their restaurant. The room was large but a bit cold. It was located at ground level and I was able to park my rental car just outside. The room had two large queen beds. The bathroom was nice and there were a lot of towels and spa things.

The restaurant was pretty busy but most of the tables were looking at the dessert menu. The food was absolutely fabulous. I had a cold lobster as starter and the some lobster ravioli. On top of the great meal they served many beers that I never had seen before, which made my evening even better.

After dinner I went to the bar, which closed at 1 am. I had eaten my dinner under time pressure and I quickly entered the bar because besides being the only guest in the restaurant I received some hints about the open bar next door.

I sat down in the bar next to a couple that turned out to be old school mates 20 years ago. She was nice and friendly, while he was just a jerk patronizing everything and everybody and calling it humor. He kept on referring to me as the Swede, which I don't mind since I am half Swede but I kept on returning his remarks quite sharp. In order to impress his schoolmate, which he was seriously hitting on, he stated in a patronizing way that I was a heck of a man and he would hit on me if he was a woman. I returned his compliment very dry by stating that if he was a woman, I was quite disappointed about his tits and his lack of hair! The woman totally cracked and said it was the best remark she had heard in six weeks sitting in court the most of the time! He left without a smile - and I ordered a rum and coke!

Besides this fun in their bar I really enjoyed my stay there even though I would recommend to take a room further away from the bar and restaurant area as there was some noise early in the morning.
The bar
The restaurant
The room
The restaurant

Senator Inn & Spa Overview

The Senator Inn & Spa features 125 rooms and suites, the award winning Cloud 9 Restaurant and Lounge, over 4,000 square feet of meeting space and the Senator Spa and Health Club.

Award Winning Cloud 9 takes the Senator Inn & Spa experience to the Dining Room. Cloud 9's fun, creative cuisine awakens the senses and engages the soul. Cloud 9 sources local ingredients such as heirloom tomatoes, artfully smoked seafood, and small farm goat cheese. Hotel's chefs craft homemade pasta and create innovative pizza in brick oven. Hotel's bakers bake their own organic, whole grain bread. From international travels Hotel has harvested distinctive touches, such as an authentic espresso machine from Tuscany, and whimsical decor that enlivens each Cloud 9 wall. Whether you're craving a light, vegetarian dish or are ready to indulge in a sumptuous, multiple course meal, Cloud 9 has a plethora of fun and creative offerings sure to satisfy you.

The Senator Inn & Spa has been voted Greater Augusta's "Best Hotel" for the past 6 years. The Senator Inn has four spacious wings composed of 125 luxury rooms and suites, some with fireplace and Jacuzzi amenities. All of the guest rooms are equipped with in-room coffee makers, hairdryers, large screen TV's, free high speed wireless internet access, irons and ironing boards. With completely separate sleeping and living/entertaining quarters hotel's Spa Suites capture an understated elegance and comfort. These rooms offer gas fireplaces, Jacuzzi tubs, refrigerators, large desks, a walk-in closet, two vanities, three telephones, a CD player and three televisions in a private second floor setting. All rooms are equipped with wireless Internet access.

The Senator Inn & Spa offers a unique variety of elegant and practical meeting room facilities, options and amenities for private dining, weddings, conferences, banquets, meetings, reunions and other special occasions in Maine. Why should you choose the Senator Inn & Spa for your wedding, meeting or special occasion? Because banquet center and meeting facilities are the Augusta, Maine area's first and favorite choice for groups from 6 to 256. Hotel excel at guest service and expert planning advice, and experienced meeting and banquet facility professionals are pleased to assist with any special arrangements, including lodging accommodations for group members.

But it doesn't stop there. Service is important and food is a priority. All group meals are prepared strictly from scratch whether you choose from extensive menus or decide to customize your own.

The spa and health club at the Senator Inn & Spa provides hotel guests and members with access to old world relaxation with all of the modern conveniences. Featuring an indoor mineral swimming pool, steam room, two saunas, ten (10) spa treatment rooms staffed with expert massage therapists, a strength training room with state-of-the-art equipment, personal trainers and a large fitness studio for yoga, pirates, land and water aerobics, strength and stretch classes, the Senator Inn & Spa is truly a spa oasis like no other in Maine. The spa and health club at the Senator Inn & Spa occupy three floors and over 5,000 square feet towards the rear of the hotel property. The first floor features hotel's signature indoor mineral pool, luxurious private locker rooms for both men and women, a steam room and saunas. The swimming pool is ideal for lap swimming, wading or simply lounging in comfortable chairs in natural lighting. Swim aerobics classes, taught by a qualified fitness instructor, are also offered on a regular schedule.

Senator Inn & Spa Amenities

• Steam Bath
  • Beauty Salon
  • Body Treatments
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower