Sen Tay Ho (West Lake Lotus)

Hanoi, Vietnam
Sen Tay Ho (West Lake Lotus) - The price board
Sen Tay Ho (West Lake Lotus) - HaNoi Beer
Sen Tay Ho (West Lake Lotus) - Sparrow
Sen Tay Ho (West Lake Lotus) - Entrance
Sen Tay Ho (West Lake Lotus) - Entrance
Sen Tay Ho (West Lake Lotus) - See how small the sparrow is.. the bowl consist of the braised oxtail in herbal soup.

Sen Tay Ho (West Lake Lotus) Hanoi Reviews

MeiYen MeiYen
Sen Tay Ho (West Lake Lotus) Mar 29, 2010
This is a buffet style restaurant with various Vietnamese cuisines from north to south as well as some international cuisine, where they have a Japanese counter which serves sushi, another one that serves Italian; some pasta and pizza and Chinese cuisine. There are also a la minute Cha Ca, Bun Cha & Pho counters. They serve a lot of shellfish like escargots, clams and mussels in 3 different cooking styles each. There are the deep fried baby crabs which are crunchy and it goes very well with beer. I do like the braised oxtail in herbal soup which is flavourful. One of the dishes on the buffet is sparrow. I have never tried sparrow till that night. It’s really small and it taste like duck. I find the food mediocre but the varieties are wide. It is a spacious restaurant with soft Vietnamese music playing while diners hit the buffet table.

We were told even the locals’ likes to dine here but I see more tourists. There were 16 of us and I would say 50% in our group likes the food there or more keen on the varieties all under one roof and the other 50%, me inclusive, find the food mediocre but the varieties are wide.
Entrance
The price board
Entrance
HaNoi Beer
MeiYen says:
Thanks Michael! :-)
Posted on: Apr 05, 2010
mkrh says:
Michaelle, Thanks a good honest review
Posted on: Apr 05, 2010