Selera Asam Payak
Jalan Satok, Kuching, Malaysia
Selera Asam Payak Kuching Reviews
Feb 13, 2007
This eatery is a showcase for Malay cuisine. The mature gentleman in here (most of the time) is the perfect example of Malay hospitality. I'm sure he'll take the time to explain the local cuisine if needed.
Tried the following for lunch today ... all delicious ...
- asam (sour curry) of stingray,
- chicken curry,
- buah kendung pickle (somewhat like green mango, marinated in hot spices)
- daging masak hitam (spicy-sweet beef in dark soya sauce), and
- stir-fried vegetables.
Have tried these lunch items in the past ... all are nice too.
- crunchy tempeh with ikan bilis (small fish like whitebait) and peanuts (all deep-fried with sugar),
- rendang (spicy beef cooked with coconut milk and dessicated coconut), and
- stir-fried ladies fingers (okra).
The dinner format is different. It is ala carte ... a review of the menu showed some tasty treats which I am looking forward to.
Part of the 2007 Yemen, Morocco & Bangkok travel blog
1 / 1 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!